Activision WW2 Scenario in Zip format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activision WW2 Scenario in Zip format

Does anyone know how to give a file inside a zip two seperate paths to extract to? I need to extract the "default" folder files twice, but into different locations ("scen0000/default" and "scen0001/default"). I dont want to add all the default folder files twice, because it would make the zip almost twice as big. Its currently around 10Mb, down from 12Mb with the original Activision ctp2ww2.exe

I know theres a pretty simple way around it.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

I should also say that i dont want to include the 'default' folder files in a seperate zip if i can help it. To keep it less complicated to install.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Create the folder files. Select both and zip them at the same time. I think this will work.

Nice idea Maq, I remember having installation problems with this scenario in my old PC.
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

If I had to, I'd make it a separate zip file, I know of no other way.

BUT instead, I'd make it a Mod, and put all the default stuff into the main directory structure, and only the scenario-specific stuff (turnlength.txt etc) into the scenario structure.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I tried zipping both "default" folders at the same time, but it thinks theyre different files (because theyre going to different locations) so it zips them all twice.

Making it as a mod is more long winded than having to unzip the default folder twice, although it is more user friendly. I think i favour the latter for the moment still. To keep the scenario where it should be.

I looked all over and i was sure there must be a zip program somewhere that could define 2 paths for one file inside a zip, there should be now anyway. I guess thats what installers are for though...

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

YOINK!

You can find the scenario zips in the apolyton directory.

Comment

Bah, my connection is terrible today, it's probably gonna take me all night to upload these So they won't be added to the dir until tomorrow Looks great though
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

tight more senarios

Comment

These are different language versions of the already existing WW2 scenario by Activision, HuangShang, they're not new. These files just solve the problems some people are having with installing them...
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                    X