Crash & Burn!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash & Burn!

Ok, here’s my story. It’s sad, but true. I did a CtP2 reinstallation, followed by the Patch (v 1.11) and then ModSwapper. I’ve done this about 3 times in the past, so I think I have it down. Then I added SAP (v2) and GoodMod (v1) and set up for 9 players on a gigantic map (not the ultra-large map). I meet my neighbors (Mexicans) and work hard to establish good relations with them. I get about 80 turns into the game and it crashes on the AIs turn! I try several times and CtP2 crashes at the same point. I changed MaxPlayers from 0 to 9 and it still crashes. I think CtP2 is getting revenge on me for all the games I played without crashing.

Is there a certain order to adding the Mods? Should I unzip GoodMod before SAP? I don’t need the “second file” for GoodMod, do I? I just downloaded the big file, which is complete right? I think I’ll download both SAP and GoodMod from the Apolyton files directory again – just to be sure something didn’t mess up during my last download. The last time, I clicked on the “Files” link on the main CtP2 page – but that doesn’t matter because it takes me to the one and only CtP2 files directory, right?

Anyway, if anyone sees something that I missed, I would welcome your input! I’ll try a reinstallation and another new game and see how that goes. Maybe it’s just one of those things…

Debugslic=No?????
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
      Debugslic=No?????
      Correct. Although I did set it to “Yes” just to see if a SLIC error showed up before the crash – but no error was reported. Until the current SP Tourney game, I had experienced only one other CtP2 crash during my SP games – and I’m playing on XP. Since I just went through a complete CtP2 removal and reinstallation, I thought that I missed something obvious. I’ll remove and reinstall again, but I like trying to pinpoint the source of problems when they arise.

Comment

What’s that old saying? If at first you don’t succeed try, try again! I re-downloaded the SAP and GoodMod files from the Mod directory. This time I downloaded them at work, utilizing the high-speed connection. I removed ModSwapper and CtP2 from my comp and reinstalled CtP2, Patch, ModSwapper, SAP, and GoodMod. Started up a game and I was all the way to 100 AD before I knew it! The game is running without errors. I was unable to establish friendly relations with my neighbors this time, but the Barbarians have been the biggest threat so far. I can’t recall the last game I saw so many Barbarians!

Anyway, I doubt I’ll ever know what happened in my previous game when it crashed out. For now, I think I’ll keep these mod downloads for future use and enjoy my GoodMod game!

Comment

Well at least it works now. Maybe some corrupt files or something caused your problem.
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
          X