Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire radius

Hi all,

I am a newbie to this community with posting, so excuse if I miss some points, but I am reading Apolyton for quite a while.

I used to play CTP II quite a while ago, before I was 'side-tracked' by Civ 3, but now I am back again.

The problem I am having in the moment, might be a simple one, or I just can't remember:

You are limited to your empire-radius for building your TI. Is there any way to extend this radius, without founding new cities for nothing?

At least in CTP 1, you weren't limited to this.

By the way as I re-installed CTP II, I am playing it just as out of the box, I know I'll 'have to' re-install the patches.

I hope somebody can 'help' me.

You can place forts outside your borders and they will extend your empire radius, though only with the mods. I know cradle, SAP and GoodMod got it for sure.

Comment

Building forts. They can be build outside the borders and they increase they do increase the borders when doing that
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

Yes it is possible to extend the borders of your empire without cities with the forts, also in the version out of the box. The tile on that you want to place your fort must be in the vision range of one of your units or cities or other forts. Then you can place it of course only you have enough PW.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Thanks guys. Does anyone by any chance remember what the expansion radius is again :-) Can't try in the moment, stucked at work.......

Comment

Gilgamensch:

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

Secondly, cities have a border radius of 4. The city radius starts at one and progresses to 4 with each expansion of the city. Forts have a radius of only one, but are VERY usefull for filling in those corners where city radius don't overlap. A fort can only be built where a military unit can see it (not fog of war squares).

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi Dale,

Yes indeed, it IS very helpfull. The case you mentioned is exactly what I have, A single spot between two cities and I can't place the road to connect them.

But NOW I can.

Thank you all for your kind support.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Actually, a fortress has a radius of 2, in the original game at least. Also, a fortress can be built anywhere you want when it's inside your existing borders (whether a unit can see the tile or not), and only when a unit can see the tile outside your own borders. It goes without saying that you can't build any in another civ's territory. Interesting note: when a fortress is built inside your own borders, it will also have a vision range of 2, when it's built outside your borders it will have no vision range (range is 0). So when placed intelligently, fortresses can play a role in spotting enemy incursions early as well (albeit at a high PW cost).
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Just figured out why I though this was a mod thing. The script FortsforAI will make the AI actually use this ability too. I think MArtin was the author, and it's included in all the mods I guess...

Comment

Working...
                  X