C:CtP why is its multiplayer so popular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C:CtP why is its multiplayer so popular

I was just wondering why the heck C:CtP was SO popular in multiplayer. I mean they have even got a seperate forum for multiplaying and seem to have tornaments all the time.

I mean CtP2 modded is a MUCH better game IMO and although the multiplayer popularity is growing again its no where near the amount of CtP1 (with its own dedicated forum) anyone know why?
    Does CtP1 have mplay features that are missing in CtP2 ( I thought CtP2 had more but i might be wrong?)

P.S. Another thing, how come you see CtP1 for budged, in multipacks or special offer all over the place and CtP2 which is the better game and more recent is alot harder to find.
    This could be partly to do with the fact CtP1 multiplayer is so good as its so easily and cheaply available
    Oxygen should be considered a drug
    Tiberian Sun Retro
    My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
    http://www.tiberiumsun.com

I am not sure about the multiplayer stuff however it is to my understanding that C:CTP sold more copies than CTP2. It most likely hit a benchmark to make it a "classic" so it is bundled up in value or classic packs.

f.e.) I believe for a playstation 2 game to be a part of their greatest hits line it must sell 400,000 copies.
    GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Im sure alot of CtP1 MP's own CtP2 but they never moved over to CtP2 because it didnt have PBEM and there were crashes early on with MP. If diplomacy gets fixed im not sure any of them would move over now either. Theres seems like some really good MP's over there, but i dont think theyll switch to CtP2 MP now they know CtP1 tactics inside out, it would be like learning MP all over again.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

...probably 90% of the threads in CTP1 Multiplay are PBEM, and CTP1 sold ten time what CTP2 did.
        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Speaking of which, a question I couldn't find in the FAQ. How well do the CTP2 mods fare in multiplayer play?
          "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

I havent tried any myself but the mods generally extend the game and when you playing against a human the unmodded last long enough. Maybe if it was on a LAN or PBEM.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by TheArsenal
              Speaking of which, a question I couldn't find in the FAQ. How well do the CTP2 mods fare in multiplayer play?
              That's how i play most of my MP games(it's been awhile now).From trying them Craddle(1.3),MedMod and apolyton(not SAP but i guess it's ok) all worked fine in MP.By fine i mean fine for CTP2 and fine compared to the vanilla un-patched CTP2 MP game! You would still get resynchs over a LAN game and a few bugs when conquering an AI. And i think there was a reported problem with nukeing. Crashes to desktop when pillaging left over terrain improvements after destroying a city(Martin wrote a fix for this-not shure if it's now part of the mods or not?).
              So basically yeah you can play MP with the Mods. I think after this vanilla CTP2 Lemur trophy, Locutus wants to move onto Modded MP games.
              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

CTP2 is a much improved game over CTP1 still the reason MP is popular with both of them is because playing a real live, thinking, sh!tting, breathing human is always better then a dumb preprogramed computer.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  CTP2 is a much improved game over CTP1 still the reason MP is popular with both of them is because playing a real live, thinking, sh!tting, breathing human is always better then a dumb preprogramed computer.
                  Is MP popular with CtP2?

Is there as many active MP's in CtP1 as CtP2? (not including pbem)

Comment

Working...
                  X