Patch will not Install & CTP2 Freezes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch will not Install & CTP2 Freezes

I bought CTP2 about a year ago when I bought my new computer factory installed with windows XP. During this last year I have not been able to run the Patch.... (it just locks up) and the game will go so far and then it just goes really slow (my computer is a 1.5mhz and it should never be that slow for a program that can be run on a 233mhz machine).

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling/sitting on my head while installing and doing a hundred hale Mary's before installing it and none of this effect its performance or my ability to apply the patch.

I have tried Activision Tech Support and have found them to be less than helpful. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Rob

Have you tried downloading a fresh copy of the patch?

Comment

Tried that and it still always locksup and I have to ctrl-alt-del it to make it quit.

Comment

This sounds odd. Is your version of CTP2 in a directory other than the default? Keeping it in the default directory has solved a couple of problems for me.

Comment

I installed it exactly where it selected:

C:/program files/activision/call to power II/

Comment

1) Make sure that exists a Call to Power II folder in the C:\Program\Activision folder and if the game data is in there (Its size should have a more than 100 MBs).

2)The patch worked in my XP. So if you did not tried to download the patch a second time do try now.

3)if still the bug remains:
            About a year ago, Martin Güehman made a install yourself version of the patch to ADG. He was also having trouble installing the patch. I dont know if his problem was the same as yours although we remember that his CTP2 was pirated version but the new patch did work. Would be nice to contact ADG to ask if he still have the file or conmtact Martin to recreate this version and send it to you.
            It is a worthy shot.
            "Kill a man and you are a murder.
            Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
            Kill all and you are a God!"
            -Jean Rostand

Comment

Make sure that you are logged in as Adminstrator when you do the install and Patch. That may make a difference. If not, are you SURE you have CtP2 and the CtP2 Patch version 1.1? Have you re-downloaded the Patch to be sure there wasn't a problem in transmission? I have used it successfully under XP, so it does work.

Comment

Edited my post. if have already read it. read it agin.
                -Jean Rostand

Comment

*bump*

Any improvements, tahar2 ?
                  -Jean Rostand

Comment

the best OS for gamers' desktop is still windows 98 period

right?

Comment

Thanks for all the postings.

I have tried all of the suggestions and I have not gotten anything to work. It must be some conflict that CTP2 has with a program that I always have running, possible the virus program or some HP program that runs at start.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on how to fix this, please let me know.

Rob

Comment

I will look for the install yourself patch version.
                        -Jean Rostand

Comment

Originally posted by HuangShang
                          the best OS for gamers' desktop is still windows 98 period

right?
                          No, 95. Definately 95.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
                            No, 95. Definately 95.
                            I must agree. I had never a shut hang up in Windows 95 then in Windows 98. And the IE 4 issure even if I am not obviously running IE 4 it runs when I use the Windows Explorer. NO Internet Explorer was open and what I get an error message in IE closing this message and the Windows Explorer was closed instead. The Windows Explorer is a file manager and not an internet browser. This sort of system integration sucks especially I can't deinstall IE 4. I removed IE4 as fast as possible after the installation I didn't need an active desktop that also wasted system resources on my Win 98 until I discovered that is was running I thought I had disabled it. It caused an hang up of my system on the start and I got error message if I would like to restore my active desktop. One buggy feature disabled, but it still doesn't feel stable like win 95 was.

-Martin
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                            X