I've got a question about the mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a question about the mods...

I have read the topic about the most known mods, but they didn't answer my question... and I couldn't find an answer anywhere

A long time ago I played ctp2, but within short time I deleted the game again, since it wasn't worth getting. Now I've seen there's been made a lot of mods to the game, so I thought I'd check to see if there has been a mod that changes the worst parts of the game:

- PW: Basicly, this sucks, I prefer to have a worker or settler to do the job

- Piracy: I hate the fact, that it's completely impossible for an anit-navy guy as me, to stop the AI from pirating my trade lines over water

- Pillage: I also hate, that the AI always just sail to my island, and keep pilaging my nets, without worrying about starting a war (And again, and anti-navy guy as me, can't have warships all over the place, just to stop my friends to pillage my nets)

So... does there exist a mod, that changes this?

The reason, why I'm asking, is because I just saw the game really cheap, but there's no way I'll buy the game, if these bugs still exists...
    This space is empty... or is it?

PW is considered one of the wonderful advantages of CtP2 over the Civ-Series, so you certainly won't find a mod changing that, even though it actually could be done - so great is the modder's power in CtP2.
    As for the other two, so far no; for landunits AI-tresspassing is not possible anymore. However, there's actually some discussion going on about the naval units here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=24539

Comment

Hi, i remember Pming with you a while ago. Glad to see you back.
      Wasnt a problem with the patch that Martin fixed to you.

Pirate. Send them a request to stop piracy

Pillage. If he had a high regard with you wouldnt pillage you. So srtat the diplomatic suck up.

The AI has a betrer water military with you. Let him take advantage of it and get yourself a better army.
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
        Actual PW is the sollution for the 200++ settler bug of Civ2, I needed one hour to move all my units over the map (caravans, fright transport, settlers and engineers). I am afraid you won't find a modder to mod it out and replace it by the inferior settler model. Even if it is possible to allow the creation of tileimps only if a settler is on the tile and it can be prevented to move from this spot as long it doesn't contain a tileimprovement. And also the AI can be tought to use the settlers. In the end you would have to do this mod on your own.

Originally posted by ADG
        - Piracy: I hate the fact, that it's completely impossible for an anit-navy guy as me, to stop the AI from pirating my trade lines over water
        Actual I am not too bothered with it my observation was that it wasn't too much, ok I didn't traded too much, but also this can be changed, but why so upset about it, the AI shouldn't be nice too you otherwise it would be too easy. Actual if I remember correctly then the AI respect a stop pirate treaty if it had agreed for some time in GoodMod. Even this pirating can be removed from the game totally.

Originally posted by ADG
        - Pillage: I also hate, that the AI always just sail to my island, and keep pilaging my nets, without worrying about starting a war (And again, and anti-navy guy as me, can't have warships all over the place, just to stop my friends to pillage my nets)
        Your friends???? Hey pillaging is an act of war, they aren't your friends, they are your enemies. Actual in GoodMod I didn't saw this so many times, actual only concerning my seas, if they were on land then they rather tried to take my cities instead of pillaging the surroundings. For the sea pillaging, they don't have enough troops on ships right there so what they can do if they can't take the city is to pillage the surrounding, that is a policy of burned land, to damage you. Also this can be removed from the game, but this would mean a loss of deepth and by the way you was also able to pillage in Civ2.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I play CtP so i dont have to move 200 settlers/workers a turn, its take it or leave it. To change CtP2 to the settler/worker system simply wouldnt be cricket. In fact these are very similar ways to build improvements im surprised it bothers people. Im surprised people like moving workers around every turn, theres just as much strategy in saving/spending PW. I prefer to spend 15 minute turns moving armies though.

edit: argh cross post
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

1) If you think the flawed worker/settler system of Civ2/3 is actually better than the superior PW system of CtP1/2, by all means, stick to Civ2/3. Unless you do it yourself, you'll never find anyone willing to downgrade CtP2 in the fashion you want.
            2 & 3) If you don't like navy, play on land-only maps
            If you have a map where at least 50% of the terrain is water, maintaining at least a half-decent navy pretty much unavoidable, as it should be (I'm not a big navy-fan myself, but I can't imagine what human history would have looked like had we never bothered to invent shipbuilding/seafaring). However, if you really want to, you can easily set the AI priorities for pillaging and pirating to a large negative value in strategies.txt, or simply remove the pillage/pirate abilities from naval units in units.txt. Both these options will solve your problems. But again, these features are fundamental parts of the game, you'll have a hard time finding modmakers who will disable such features in their mods.
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

you'll have a hard time finding modmakers who will disable such features in their mods.
              I dunno, maybe a "Civ2" mod would be interesting. Just to see its really poor download figure compared to the Apolyton Pack.

ADG, the only way to eliminate PW would be to use the PW system, but force you to have a settler in place first, then disable the movement of the settler until the timp was complete. Ugly, and worse than either of the existing systems I think.

Pillaging and piracy are easy to disable. Open units.txt and simply remove all instances of the words "CanPillage" and "CanPirate"
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

There is a way to remove PW You will just need someone to do this for you. I can teach. I just dont want to be the guy who removed one o the best features of CTP2 and loose time doing it.
                -Jean Rostand

Comment

Re: I've got a question about the mods...

Originally posted by ADG
                  I can understand that this is a preference issue - some players will like the worker setup as opposed to PW, especially when you need to protect your workers from capture and can negotiate with the AI to get more workers. My viewpoint is that those features in civ3 are strategically minor though, and I do not hinge my strategic gameplay on those things when playing civ3.

These are elements that ultimately boil down to what defines one type of game from the other type of game. Personally, I would not want workers in CTP2, and would not make the effort to mod it in, but if somebody (Pedrunn mentioned that it was potentially possible) wanted to attempt it, it would help draw some more civ3 players over here and continually cement the overwhelming advantage that CTP2 has in the Modding department over civ3.

Originally posted by ADG

Now the shoe is on the other foot, except in CTP2, you have to expend units to protect trade routes and tile improvements instead of using units in civ3 to protect workers. As mentioned by IW, you can easily modify this in units.txt (5-10 minutes max) - but be aware that none of the main Mods have disabled the pirate/pillage feature (why would we want to????)

Pillaging is considered an act of war in CTP2 - and I like that in CTP2, the AI will pirate even if it is not an act of war because it means that I can never sit back and take peace for granted. In both civ3/CTP2, being able to maintain peace or declare war on your own terms is the surest way to victory.

Originally posted by ADG
                  The reason, why I'm asking, is because I just saw the game really cheap, but there's no way I'll buy the game, if these bugs still exists...
                  Not bugs, but features...
                  Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                  ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Thx for the input folks... Would someone be so kind to upload the neccesary files, so I can see if I can upgrade the game myself, since I don't want to waste my money, if I can't do it anyway!?! Or is there too many files that needs to be changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedrunn
                      Hi, i remember Pming with you a while ago. Glad to see you back.
                      Hi (again ), glad to see, that someone actually remembers me... but if I'll be back for good, or just visiting...that'll time show (If I can fix the bugs or not)

Oh, and btw, I remember you too... and if I'm not mistaking, didn't you have that avatar a year ago?

Comment

As IW said, it's an easy fix to make on your own

When opening Units.txt, you will see a series of entries like this (this is for the Fascist unit)

################################################## ##########

## UNIT 122
                        UNIT_FASCIST {
                        CantBuild
                        GLHidden
                        Description DESCRIPTION_UNIT_FASCIST
                        DefaultIcon ICON_UNIT_FASCIST
                        DefaultSprite SPRITE_FASCIST
                        Category UNIT_CATEGORY_ATTACK
                        Attack 65
                        Defense 45
                        ZBRangeAttack 45
                        Firepower 3
                        Armor 1
                        MaxHP 23
                        ShieldCost 1200
                        PowerPoints 1000
                        ShieldHunger 12
                        FoodHunger 0
                        MaxMovePoints 200
                        VisionRange 3
                        EnableAdvance ADVANCE_HEXTAPUL
                        ActiveDefenseRange 0
                        LossMoveToDmgNone
                        MaxFuel 0
                        CanEntrench
                        CanExpel
                        CanPillage
                        CanPirate
                        ExertsMartialLaw
                        DeathEffectsHappy
                        IsSpecialForces
                        DefendAgainstSpies 0.25
                        OnlyBuildOne
                        SoundSelect1 SOUND_SELECT1_FASCIST
                        SoundSelect2 SOUND_SELECT2_FASCIST
                        SoundMove SOUND_MOVE_FASCIST
                        SoundAcknowledge SOUND_ACKNOWLEDGE_FASCIST
                        SoundCantMove SOUND_CANTMOVE_FASCIST
                        SoundAttack SOUND_ATTACK_FASCIST
                        SoundWork SOUND_WORK_FASCIST
                        SoundVictory SOUND_VICTORY_FASCIST
                        SoundDeath SOUND_DEATH_FASCIST

CanAttack: Land
                        CanAttack: Mountain
                        CanSee: Standard
                        MovementType: Land
                        Size: Medium
                        VisionClass: Standard

CanReform {
                        Sound SOUND_ID_REFORM_CITY
                        Effect SPECEFFECT_REFORMCITY
                        }
                        }

Simply look for the lines of text that look like this

CanPillage
                        CanPirate

and remove them for all the entries of the units that you do not want to have this ability.

You can use Notepad/Wordpad or Word to open the file

If you are going to use a Mod, you will have to do that for the edited unit.txt file that is for that specific mod. Somebody can point out which file you need to edit if you let us know which Mod you are using. (In Cradle, it's CRA_Units.txt)
                        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Pirate/Pillage.

Go to ctp2 main directory\ctp2_data\defaul\ai_data\

find the the file goal.txt

in this file there are a bunch of GOAL_* find those for pirate and pillage (i am not sure but probably is GOAL_PIRATE and GOAL_PILLAGE)

in the data for this goals there is the entry
                          Code:
                          PowerBonus
                          Make it really negative. something about -10000.

ready.

PW. we will need to go much deeper here. it will need changes in the unit.txt, orders.txt and some slic. Do you really want to do this?

EDIT: To tatally remove these orders

Go to ctp2 main directory\ctp2_data\defaul\gamedata\

find the file orders.txt

delete all data for the ORDER_PILLAGE and ORDER_PIRATE.

Than go to the ctp2 main directory\ctp2_data\defaul\ai_data\

find file goals.txt

delete all data for the GOAL_PILLAGE and GOAL_PIRATE

the in the same folder find the file strategies.txt

delete all GoalElement GOAL_PILLAGE and GOAL_PIRATE and the lines. every time you see it (probably a dozen of times)
                          -Jean Rostand

Comment

Actually, I doubt whether removing PW would work at all. There is no way you could get the AI to move a thousand settlers round the map.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

yeah the ai is the only problem but i think we could still leave the TI tab but

The human
                              with CreateImprovement return STOP (except if worker placement)

The AI now:

HandleEvent(CreateImprovement) {
                              if not human find closest worker and send to the location[0] once unit at location create value[0] disable settler for future call of this event return STOP

EDIT: Hexagonia way is far the best way to remove pirate and pillage.
                              -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
                              X