Newbie has CTP2 v2.0 - can't run mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie has CTP2 v2.0 - can't run mods

Last week I bought CTP2 (WalMart clearance was $5 - Cool!). I've been scanning the boards, but can't find an answer to my problem:

I haven't been able to run any mods. Many "xxx not found" SLIC errors. I also noticed that Explorer's "properties" shows that my CTP2 is version 2.0. The modder's favorite seems to 1.11.

I'm a bit reluctant to run the patch to downgrade to v 1.11 ...

Is mine a version problem? Anyone heard this one before (I haven't seen the thread... And I looked!)?

Thanks,
    Sean

Version 2.0?! I don't believe I've heard of a CTP2 Version 2.0 before....something is amiss.

Comment

Indeed, when you right click on the ctp2.exe it says either version 2.0/2.1, mine is version 2.1 Anyway. Its safe to run the patch anyway.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Yes, my Explorer version says v1.2 in one of the fields and v2.1 in another It's crap, ignore those advanced Explorer options, most software designers don't pay attention to them (Another Completely Useless FeatureTM, brought to you by Microsoft) and only use such values for interior use, if at all. They don't actually say anything about the real version number of your game. A more useful way of finding out what version of the game you have is by checking the file anet.inf or your system registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Activision\CTP2), but I can pretty much guarantee you that your version will be v1.0.

In case you need proof, the very 'xxx not found errors' that are bothering you provide this: they refer to SLIC functions that the mods use but which didn't exist in v1.0 of the game but were added to the game in the v1.11 (sometimes called v1.1) patch.

Just install the patch and start enjoying the mods...
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I guess we are playing the version v2.0 of the Call to Power series also known as CTP2.
          The patch will upgrade to version 1.11 of CTP2 but the version v2.11 of the CTP2 series.

Just in intall the patch and enjoy the mod

You will only gain
          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
          Kill all and you are a God!"
          -Jean Rostand

Comment

Doh!

Well, you wizards are right again. Installed. Played. Enjoyed!

Thanks,
            Sean

Comment

Working...
            X