I love the music but it plays over and over again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the music but it plays over and over again

I know this is a bug from the begining but am wundering if anyone has fixed it. It is tiresome to save and quit all the time to have a different song play all the time.

Is there anthour alternative to this, say turn music off and play winamp? How do I get the music of the dics and onto my hard drive so winamp can play it.

All tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Davor

To get music from the cd on your harddrive you can use Audiograbber. Just do search with http://www.google.com for audiograbber and you should have found this program that allows you to grab the music from the cd. By the way did you try ever what will happen if you press escape on your keybord. If you try this the options menue will pop up and does contain a button to change the music during the game. BTW did you ever tried the random music button.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

yes I have tried the random music selector to no avial. Just keeps playing the same music over and over again, but I must have missed hitting the esc key to change the music. I will check it out and thanks for the comments

Davor

Comment

I have tried the Escape key. I didn't know about that one. Thanks again but it still plays the same song over and over again but at least I don't have to save and exit to change the music.

Thanks very much

Davor

Comment

the random option locks while in-game

Comment

If you are fortunate enough to have room on your hard drive and a program like Audio Grabber or Windows Media Player, then you can rip any music files to your hard drive from a CD. I often use Windows Media Player to listen to classical music while playing CtP2. It’s can sometimes be eerie when the music plays to a crescendo during battle! I like the CtP2 music as well, but I always use Windows Media Player to listen to it – never the “CtP2 music player”. I never had much luck with the CtP2 music player. I created a CD image of CtP2 on my hard drive so the music files are already there for my player so I get random play, continuous play or whatever option I want while playing CtP2. Did you know that the F10 key brings up the options window (in addition to the ESC key) in CtP?

Comment

I dunno i think the original ctp2 music can be eerie too. Very atmospheric. Reminds i just listened in the cd player and that track no.3 (incan) sounds like the one when starting a game in Civ2. My favourite is the one with the water trickling sound at the beginning (no.4 the welsh one)

I tried playing another cd a few times but it skips track 1 because there is no music track [1] for ctp2.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Does it play over and over? I know there is one song that never plays unless you open up the music screen and click on it. But it seems to me I hear all the other songs, although there are a couple that seem to play more than the others. Could be I am just wrapped up in the game and don't notice the repetition.
                "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Did anyone of you try to modify the playlist.txt in your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder?

-Martin

Comment

what do we have to do?
                    what if we do?

Comment

Yes, I have modified my playlist.txt. Evidently, the list shows only 1-8, even though the first line of text states that there are 16...and the listing of 1-8 shows them doubled. ie:
                      etc. to 8

So I retyped 1-16 (not doubled)
                      etc to 16

Now I have a few more music tracks playing that I've never heard before.
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Oh, and thanks for the insight Martin!
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Yeah write a small readme, what this modified file does, a small description how to install it. I think using Modswapper is a little bit to much for it just the file replacement decription. Put readme and modified file in one *.zip together, submit it to the 'Poly Dir and vola you just made your first CTP2 mod, Wittlich.

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                            I tried playing another cd a few times but it skips track 1 because there is no music track [1] for ctp2.
                            You *could* try adding track '0' to playlist.txt, but I never actually tried that so I have no idea if it works...
                            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

That would be probably a "different" sound feeling, Wouter.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                              X