Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi, bought it now need advice

hi

i bought the game. tried it first without the 4.7mb apolyton mod. whimpy AI.

tried it with....it's great....on hard level i was dead in 20 minutes..

my question is......
    are there any differences between modded and un-modded as far as what the manual says and the gameplay of modded version.

thank you

Welcome to our world!!

Glad you were killed in 20 minutes - it makes a Modders heart all warm and fuzzy...

The main difference in the Apolyton Pack/default game is in the AI settings, not in the game mechanics/tech tree. So what is true about the manual is probably true about the Apolyton Pack.

The other mods are a different story, as they rewrite everything in the game. They are generally well-documented in their readme files though concerning the differences.

After playing the Apolyton Pack, give those a try...
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Everything that you need to know to play the game, is the same as the original for Apolyton Pack (I'm using you mean the SAP, not v1.04).

If you're a number-cruncher, then the numbers are probably different from the manual (almost every figure has changed a lot or slightly, to balance the game). But these changes are all updated in the Civlopedia. Use the manual for mechanics, and the Civlopedia for values.

BTW, it makes my heart proud to see my little baby (the AI that is) destroy a human so fully.

Comment

Dale, check your PMs
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

And don't forget the Activision Patch.
          3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Ahhh, my first Nuke!
          Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

IW:

Done, and responded.

Comment

thanks
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
              X