Ctp Iii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ctp Iii

I don't know how you all think about a sequel to CTP II, but I would definitely like it!

So may question: do you want a sequel to CTP II and do you have suggestions about the content?

My suggestions:

- It would be nice to introduce the concept of special units, so that each civilization has at least one or two units that no other civilization has (for example the Legion for the Romans or the Phalanx for the Greek)
    - What really bothered me about CTP II and Civ III was the fact that, no matter how hard you try, you can never get to the Middle Ages by 500 AD, when they began in real life. Around 700 AD is the earliest. So the Research Time should be shortened.
    - A number of features from Civ III must be included, like one unique unit for each civilization, colonies, small wonders and the concept of different types of civilizations (militaristic, scientific, etc.)
    - Furthermore, the future ages must not be removed, because they give more depth to the game, with the governments it's the same.
    - What bothered me about CTP II is that the different types of governments weren't really diversified, so in CTP III the government types should be more individualized and diversified. The concept of drafting for military service under citizens should also be included.
    - Each government should have specific bonuses, both positive and negative (for example, Communism should get a positive bonus for military units and/or buildings for example, and a negative one for science and economy)
    - The concept of espionage should be more developed somehow (for example, different types of espionage units like spies, special agents, etc.)
    - The concept of borders and culture of Civ 3 should be included in CTP 2, that way, city radius and national borders are separated.
    - Furthermore, the advisors from Civ 3 should also be included in CTP 2, but should be more developed so that they truly are advisors, and they are not babbling nonsens or can only choose one of three basic sentences to say.
    - The interface can be done much more efficient. Think about a transparent interface. There should be tabs, just like in CTP 2, for:
    Empire (progress of research, current government type, profit current treasury, taxes, wages, etc.)
    Time and Map (End Turn, Current date, Map view, with different buttons for Geography and nation view, one that's minimizable, also Zoom In and Out functions)
    Unit Buttons (for example Move, Build, Fortify, Airlift, etc.)
    Interface Buttons (Menu, Civilopedia and Advisors)
    Messages are now done by the different Advisors
    View buttons (Diplomatic, Espionage, Palace, etc.)
    And also the micromanagement of CTP 2 must also be included, so that you can keep track of individual cities, your Army's, taxes, rsearch, etc.)
    - Trade is done the same way as in Civ III, if a resource is within a city radius, all your cities get the bonus of that resource, when they are connected to that city by a road
    - The concept of strategic resources must also be included in CTP III, so that you can only build Knights or something if you have access to Horses and Iron
    - Diplomats are removed, all Diplomatic negotiations are done via the Trade Table, where you can make your own agreement, can threaten, etc.
    - All the specialized units like Corporate Branch and Fascist remain, but their effect must have a more dramatic impact.
    The sea engineers are included, and maybe space engineers?
    - Also there must be more Future Technologies, like anti-gravity, human cloning, mind control, neural interface, neural programming, smart materials, cloaking, holograms, wormholes, hyperspace, exoskeletons, mechs, cyborgs, spider mechs (like the Arachnids, but then mechanized), digital encryption, quantumcomputers, cybernetics, cryonics, subneural ad, etc.)
    - There should also be a number of scenario's, for example:
    The Roman Empire (when it is beginning to spread, around Julius Ceasar for example)
    The Greek Empire (in the time of Alexander the Great)
    The Crusades (in the time of the fall of the Byzantine Empire)
    The First World War (the player can choose from Germany, England, USA, Austria-Hungary, Turkey, etc.)
    The Second World War (the player can choose between the USA, England, Germany, the USSR, Italy, etc.)
    The Cold War (from the beginning of the USSR under Lenin until 1992, the collapse of the USSR, with conflicts like Nam and Korea)
    The Holy Roman Empire (with Karel the Great)
    The Napleonic Wars (from the rise of Napoleon Bonaparte till the fall)
    The Chinese Empire (just after the fall of the Han dynasty, the player can chosse from the legendary Three Kingdoms: Wu, Shu and Wei)
    - The difference between the future governments, like the Corporate Republic, the Virtual Democracy, and the Technocracy should be enlarged, that same thing goes for Communism and Fascism. I think that a new dictatorial government of the future should be made (something like a Borg Collective or something?)

What do you all think about a possible CTP III? What do you think about my suggestions? Do you have suggestions and finally: who will be the developer and who will be the shipper?

I personally think Sid Meier should, together with the former CTP II team, should develop the game and Activision should ship it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!One more remark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The graphical detail should be much higher than in CTP 2 and Civ 3, for example: what about real-time water that moves? I think there should be about 24 Terrain Types plus transitions between the different types, for example: from Forest to Mountain, or different types of Mountains or rivers, etc.
    Around 500 combinations will do. The units can also use more animation and detail. I think they are not in proportion with the size of a city, so what about enlarging a city, so it is as high as a unit?
    I think terraforming should also be implemented, but the player must only be given the option of creating canals or reclaiming small lakes.

DP
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Why have u started 2 threads with the same subject? And 3 posts with exactly the same words. I thinks its much easier to continue in the original thread.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
      X