Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mapfi
    I'll try as soon as I can.
    However, now all players know when a city is captured - is that really desirable? Well, more than the bug, though...
    Actual I used the Abort slic function, so the message won't appear, I tested it and I didn't saw the message in the message box, only the code that it contains is executed. But for the resyncs maybe it will also help if you download the debugged slic files from the tournerment thread I posted there.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

@IW: well the P3 is mine, so I envy my friend too - and I think my bank won't allow me to by a new one till 2010 or so...

@Martin:
      I thought you'd include the debugged files immeadetly in your mod, but in that case I will.

Comment

Originally posted by mapfi
        @Martin:
        I thought you'd include the debugged files immeadetly in your mod, but in that case I will.
        I found these bugs after the tournerment has been started, but obviously so far no one really needed these files, so this makes an upgrade less urgent, also this issure is only an MP issure. The most iportant thing of the tournerment game is that your aren't allowed to change the rhules only bug fixes, that means I have to postpone the next update of GoodMod until the tourny is closed. I already have some modifications of the govern.txt on my setup, and there have some others to be made.

I did not include the City Kill Option in the debugged slic file, because it has still to be tested at least I have to know if it will now work in multiplayer and therefore I need you. So if you have in the tourny game problems use the debugged slic files if not, you don't need them.

-Martin

Comment

Finally got around to test it. Sorry, Martin, no effect at all, still the same process of resync and slic not done. I'm guessing you're not really getting around the problem John made out. You're still executing the slic code from the first messagebox of the player, maybe it needs other players to also press a button to execute just that part of the code. But then, as I saw when testing, after the particular slic code is executed on one machine but not on the host, the resync immeadetly takes place, no time to react.

Comment

How about this - whenever a city is captured put it in an array, and then for the remainder of that turn (it is removed in an endturn handler) if that city is clicked on it is kept, if you never click on it it's bloodlusted.

Or, create (on some empty square adjacent to the city - if there isn't one hard luck) two units to represent the two actions. If one is moved into the city then do the appropriate thing, otherwise remove them at the end of the turn.

Other than that, there's also the solution suggested by mapfi above.

Comment

I like John's unit idea and I still think you shouldn't be allowed to enslave a population when you haven't discovered slavery yet.

Furthermore, so far only a human gets this kind of choice. Couldn't we also teach the ai to use it - like when he's reached the city limit do not capture but enslave?

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
                How about this - whenever a city is captured put it in an array, and then for the remainder of that turn (it is removed in an endturn handler) if that city is clicked on it is kept, if you never click on it it's bloodlusted.
                I already tried to move the code into a different handler, so I tested the enslavement option, all the units are created and the enlavement act does happen, but the on the map placed settlers aren't enslaved, although it is the same code taht should do the think like in the last version.

If nothing help no city capture option for MP.

-Martin

Comment

Working...
                X