Ctp3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ctp3

Would it be leaglal for Activision to make a third installment of the series?
    GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

You bothered to create a DL just to post this?
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

*Alex does the DL dance*

Deeeeeeee.... L!
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

This isn't a DL I'm Wise Ass everywhere! I just activated my user name from like a year ago and really like CTP2 and think if leagally possible Activision should keep up the series.
        GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Legally yes; financially no.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It would be the greatest.
            But probably wont happen
            "Kill a man and you are a murder.
            Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
            Kill all and you are a God!"
            -Jean Rostand

Comment

If you think about it...

A little bit of a graphics overhaul, Smarter AI (with open code), A merge of the best of both editors (Civ3 & CTP2), Merge of the trade systems (you negotiate deals but it still shows the goods transferred so you can pirate it).

Other major and minor stuff and it would be the greatest game ever!
              GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Ass
                If you think about it...

A little bit of a graphics overhaul, Smarter AI (with open code), A merge of the best of both editors (Civ3 & CTP2), Merge of the trade systems (you negotiate deals but it still shows the goods transferred so you can pirate it).

Other major and minor stuff and it would be the greatest game ever!
                Absolutely, espescially the bit about the open-code. The ability to create mods and scenarios is, afterall, what gives staying power to these types of games.

Comment

Yea if the first two weren't open code they would not have sold half of the the few copies they did sell.

If Activision hired the people who have made CTP2 what it is today to design it they would have a gold mine... hmmm...

Kind of sad what happens when a good idea is poorly funded and even more poorly developed.
                  GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Rah,
                    No offense, but keep your DL dances in the OT please. Here we tend to be nice to newcomers, even if they are DLs... (the fact that Wise Ass knows what a DL is, is quite suspicious, although it doesn't prove anything; his regdate OTOH pleads for him; either way, until proven guilty by your brother (who should be checking as I edit this post ), he's innocent to me).

Wise Ass,
                    As pointed out, Activision gave up on the CtP series because CtP2 was a total financial failure, almost bankrupted the company. They won't want to burn their hands a second time

However, contrary to what you said, CtP1 was actually extremely successful commercially, it sold more copies than SMAC, which was itself already a best-seller. CtP1 even temporarily re-entered the top 10 of best selling games a few months ago, so it's still selling!
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I'm amazed rah even read this thread

If Activision hired the people who have made CTP2 what it is today to design it they would have a gold mine... hmmm...

Kind of sad what happens when a good idea is poorly funded and even more poorly developed
                      Our daily lament. Welcome
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                        I'm amazed rah even read this thread
                        Agreed But he probably just followed a profile/link...
                        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I don't even know what a DL is.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            I don't even know what a DL is.

It stands for double logon, some schizophrenics use them to have more than one identity.

Comment

oh...

Comment

Working...
                              X