Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLICs and Units

For all of you SLIC CTP gurus:

Is there a document that lists all of (most of) the variable and structure names in CTP2 for Slic editing? Don't need them yet, but I may in the future...

...which brings me to my next question, the 12 unit per city limit is interfering with moving my armies around, i.e. I have to walk around the cities. And worse, I need to build roads around the cities, so I don't loose movement points (my land is starting to look like Civ III land). Is there any way, to change the limit from 12?

The code must have an a 12 element array of structures for handling the units, does anyone know the variable name for this array?

Thanks!

Here it is the events:

The functions:

And the built in variables:

I hope this is what you a looking for
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

Whoa! There's a lot you can do with .slc files. I don't know if it will let me raise the 12 unit limit for moving through cities, but man there's a lot you can do!

Comment

The limit of 12 units on any tile, including cities is so hard-coded that it is impossible to change directly.

Making all units into transports would let you have up to 72 units in a tile I guess, but only 12 would attack or defend, and moving would be a pain.

There are only a few main concepts that are utterly impossible to change, and that is one
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
          The limit of 12 units on any tile, including cities is so hard-coded that it is impossible to change directly.

Making all units into transports would let you have up to 72 units in a tile I guess, but only 12 would attack or defend, and moving would be a pain.

There are only a few main concepts that are utterly impossible to change, and that is one
          I decided to play around this limitation. I have 3 defenders in each city, I keep the non-horse portion of my army to nine units, so they can move through the cities, and the horse portion (the remaining 3) move through the city before the rest of the army. Once they make to the battle field, I rejoin them.

Comment

Originally posted by ahenobarb
            I decided to play around this limitation. I have 3 defenders in each city, I keep the non-horse portion of my army to nine units, so they can move through the cities, and the horse portion (the remaining 3) move through the city before the rest of the army. Once they make to the battle field, I rejoin them.
            I think that's how we all do it. Either walk around the city (I usually design my road network to make this possible and not cost unnecessary movement points), or split the army in 2 or 3 pieces and walk them through part-by-part. One day I'll get around to automating the process through SLIC, one day... 5 years from now...
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ahenobarb
              ...which brings me to my next question, the 12 unit per city limit is interfering with moving my armies around, i.e. I have to walk around the cities. And worse, I need to build roads around the cities, so I don't loose movement points (my land is starting to look like Civ III land). Is there any way, to change the limit from 12?
              Actal there are only four tiles around a city that needs roads of course only if the adjacent tiles have a road:

North

West City East

South

So to bypass the city just put on the South-Eastern tile for example a road if the Southern and the Eatsern tile have roads and you don't need to move through your city anymore, and enemies can't use these bypasses because of the ZOCs.

So you see Civ3 is far away.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Making all units into transports would let you have up to 72 units in a tile I guess,
                I'm not totally certain about this but I'm fairly sure that in CTP1 I was able to load transports into transports, so if CTP" works the same way and all units were transports you could store them ever deeper and there would be no (important) limit to the number of units in a square. It would get darned confusing though.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway

I'm not totally certain about this but I'm fairly sure that in CTP1 I was able to load transports into transports, so if CTP" works the same way and all units were transports you could store them ever deeper and there would be no (important) limit to the number of units in a square. It would get darned confusing though.
                  wow bet that could make MP very unerving!
                  'oh look here comes a transport........oh my god its got zillions of units pouring out of it!'. I don't know what programmers are paid for eh
                  'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor

wow bet that could make MP very unerving!
                    'oh look here comes a transport........oh my god its got zillions of units pouring out of it!'. I don't know what programmers are paid for eh
                    I would say:

Oh a transport here possible it has zillions of units on board let's sink it and zillions of problems are sunken, too.

-Martin
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

rofl.... to both the above posts. Just don't give a leviathan transport abilities, or it'll be unsinkable
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

rofl.... to both the above posts. Just don't give a leviathan transport abilities, or it'll be unsinkable
                        I would hope that leviathans would be unfloatable, let alone unsinkable...

Comment

Working...
                        X