Strange Multiplayer Happenings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Multiplayer Happenings

Hi can anyone help? I am able to play multiplayer, however I cannot seem to play with a mate of mine unless someone hosts a game for us. Very odd. We cant play just against eachother, one of us is not able to join the game. Does anyone have any idea why?
    Cheers!

LAN or Internet? Any mods?

Comment

Cable internet, no mods, using the latest patch and servers.

Comment

Have you checked Q23 on this forums FAQ? This might be the problem.

EDIT: Or alternatively, from the sounds of it, if you are playing over the internet(or Lan for that matter), you will need someone to host a game.In the case of internet play Activision does this and there are a number of things you will need to check first(Q23 on the FAQ being one of them).If you and your friend are playing from the same location i would say that the Lan setup might work best.You will need to setup a network with both computers on it(www.pcmech.com might be able to help with this).
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Junglehq, do you and your mate share the same internet connection?

I've noticed that if my partner and I try to play over the internet, we both cannot be sharing the same internet connection, it will only allow the first person to join the game to play...

Comment

It's a silly question but sometimes people miss things like this; do both of you have your CD's in the computer? I ask because the game will not let you host unless your CD in in the CD-Rom. You can play without the CD though.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

yes we both have cd in. seems like theres no answer to this anomaly

Comment

Working...
              X