Out of the country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of the country

As some of you already know, I'll be out of the country for the next three weeks (starting 7 hours from now), for a study tour/vacation to SE Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand). So I won't be online nearly as much as I normally am. I'll try to log in from cybercafes and stuff from time to time but if there are things that require action by a staff member, don't count on me too much. Ming can be contacted for forum-related stuff, DanQ for news items and Markos for everything else...

Unfortunately I'm currently (on top of having to pack and arrange a bunch of things) also having major computer problems so I'm afraid I can't start the second Tournament If Dale or someone else could email me an Apolyton Pack v2.0 savegame that could be used for the Tournament, I should hopefully be able to upload it and start the Tournament from Singapore.

I'm counting on my Apolyton webmail to function as expected (but I've never actually tested it so...) so I should be able to access emails sent to locutus@apolyton.net (or wouter@apolyton.net). When I'm there, I'll see if I can log on and post in this thread whenever I get the chance, so you'll get an idea of how often I will be online (in case anyone needs me anyway). I'll also see if I can get some decent pictures of the Petronas Towers for the Wonder Pack while I'm there

Well, gotta go packing again... CU all in three weeks, but hopefully sooner...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

I'll try to log in from cybercafes and stuff from time to time
    That's determination

Good luck on the Petronas picture

Oh yeah, and have a great time!!
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
      That's determination
      Yeah, I'll tell you one thing: never become an Apolyton Staff Member: the hours are horrible, the pay is lousy, you don't get any days off AND you have to wash Markos's socks every other week

Oh yeah, and have a great time!!
      Thanks, I will

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
        AND you have to wash Markos's socks every other week
        Sheesh, I hope that he pays you a lot for that

Personally, I wouldn't touch 'em with a Ten-Foot, er Three Metre, Pole
        If you Ignore YOUR Rights, they Will go away.

Comment

Holidays are great
          Hope you have a good break and if you find yourself scribbling Slic on beer mats - you haven't been drinking enough
          Could be very cultural, visits to ancient temples etc(you could hire a helicopter(use that Apolyton staff salary!!) and get that perfect isometric shot for IW for the Visible wonders )
          Anyway hope its very enjoyable.
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Have fun Locutus!

I'll send you a save file tonight to your apolyton.net box. Any particular settings everyone?

Comment

How about a Map with plenty of Water?

I just those Mid-Game Naval Units!

Of course, then again, I always have to figure out what to do with all of those Drunken Sailors

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                I'll send you a save file tonight to your apolyton.net box. Any particular settings everyone?
                If its not too late to grumble, can we play on deity?

Oh and have a nice time locutus
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Okay, I've sent two save games to Locutus.

Game 1:
                  - Impossible/marauders
                  - 30% land
                  - 8 civs

Game 2:
                  - Medium/raiders
                  - Rest same as above

Let's see which one he picks.

To get into training for the next tournament, download the Super Apolyton Pack V2.0 from the temp file database, or from my website (link below). Stay tuned.

Oh, I've also volunteered to be the judge of this tournament so Locutus can play. So any bribes accepted eagerly, but it won't improve your ranking.

Comment

How eagerly?

Comment

Have a great time in Thailand; it's a wonderful place to visit. Make sure you take the time to visit Changmai.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Have fun!
                        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                        Kill all and you are a God!"
                        -Jean Rostand

Comment

Thanks guys

Greetings from Singapore, land of our good friend Eagle (only not now)

It's quite beautiful here, but unfortunately also a bit expensive so aside from answering my mail (Dale, check yours) you won't see me online too much. Malaysia and Thailand should be cheaper...

Well, gotta go again, CU around...

Comment

...lucky stiff!!!!

Remember that this is a study trip, so no fun please
                            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                            ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

locutus

I will be waiting with a cool beer

Comment

Working...
                              X