CTP2 not working with WXP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP2 not working with WXP

If I had bought CTP2 before the exit of windows xp and now have it (all the two) not working together, how will I do to make CTP2 work again?
    May somebody at Apoplion get the message and create a patch for the problem?
    Thanks

Odd, I've got winXP and it works fine...is it language version problem (grasping), Don't worry OldCivUser someone here will solve the problem, they've helped me several times.

Comment

Hoping in the help of someone...

Yes, it might be a language problem, since I am Italian as is my CTP2, but my WinXP is the first version and is even a Professional Version (55719-OEM-0012452-55556)

Comment

I have not the latest italian patch

Maybe I need the latest italian patch, but I am not able to download it...
        why?

Comment

I have found windows XP to work with virtually no programs. As a result of this I have refused to buy it.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

There's such a thing as an Italian patch? Where did you try to download it from (not that I think it will make much of a difference, but I suppose it's worth a try)?
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I just thought of a couple of possible solutions, 1st if your Win XP log-in is not set as an account manager, than some of the older programs that were on the computer before the upgrade to XP will not work. So you may need to change the acount type in the control panel. Another possibility, after upgradig to Win XP it is often necessary to uninstall/reinstall certain older programs. These two solutions helped with practically every software problem I had after switching to XP. Oh yes, and also make sure that all of the latest hardware drivers are installed. Some of the older drivers, again do not work w/ XP

Comment

Working...
              X