Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food/Production Values

G'day,

Can anyone explain the relationship between the tile values and that seen on the city management screen?

I have added all the tile values in the city's area of influence plus any building improvements, but cannot figure out how the value is derived in the city management screen.

At the empire level I can see if I'm producing enough food, but not down to the city level.

Being new to this style of game, a little advisory help is required.
    Using CTP2 straight out of ther box.

Thanks
    Sexus

NZ, home of the Amnerica's Cup
    E8400 3GHZ, GA-X58-DS5, 4GB Ram, ATI 4890 1GB, Samsung 226BW, Windows 7 64-bit

Have you allowed for corruption scores? If it still makes no sense then i guess its just down to CTPII strangeness!
    Click empire overview and select view details at the bottom of the tab - it should give more info on your empires corruption scores(this is a rough guide as i haven't got the game on at the momment.)
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I think this thread will prodive you with an answer. The relevant part is the answer to Q3 in my first post, but it's possible the rest of the thread contains some interesting info as well.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thanks Locutus - i'd noticed from my lurker days that no-one had replied to Sexus, and it has been something that i wanted to know for my self - my civ playing CTP2 bashing pals now have an answer....i'll bring them round to CTP2 before i die
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
          I think this thread will prodive you with an answer. The relevant part is the answer to Q3 in my first post, but it's possible the rest of the thread contains some interesting info as well.
          That should be number 27 of the FAQ it is your answer, therefore it is your task and of course your right to post it there.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
            That should be number 27 of the FAQ it is your answer, therefore it is your task and of course your right to post it there.
            -Martin
            Since when do you have telepathic skills?

Comment

Locutus, you da man.

Excellent thread, explained it perfectly, makes plain sense. You are right though, you do not need to know the exact values. But how they work is a definite must. You need to know wether you are getting the full value of a tile improvement or not.

That sort of info should be in a CTP2 Guide - 'How Things Work'.

Thanks
              Sexus

ps. In the manual, pg 34 under the section 'Citizens & Workers', it basically describes what I was looking for. The missing component was the Efficiency indicator. The efficiency calculation is detailed perfectly by Locutus, . .
              E8400 3GHZ, GA-X58-DS5, 4GB Ram, ATI 4890 1GB, Samsung 226BW, Windows 7 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by Sexus R Cerinus
                That sort of info should be in a CTP2 Guide - 'How Things Work'.
                Hehe, I wish I had the time, I'd love ripping this game apart and analyzing and explaining every tiny little detail and figuring out all the formulas

Comment

Working...
                X