Taliban Civ for CTP II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taliban Civ for CTP II?

I Was just wondering... Is there such a thing as a Taliban Civilization anywhere, that anyone knows of? If so, I would consider it fun to blast away osama's a**! If there is, I would definately love to know about it...
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever beleveth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16, Holy Bible, KJV

Put together a civ city list (30-40 cities).

Download my Modder's Guide for instructions on adding/editing a civ.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Thanks a lot! I'm downloaded the guide, and now I'll go try and create "afghanistan".
      "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever beleveth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16, Holy Bible, KJV

Comment

Well, as a true history buff I naturally despise your decision to include such an insignificant nation when there are so many much greater civilizations out there, but since I'm not gonna change your mind anyway and since I somehow feel more people would disagree with me than agree, I might as well help out

Name: Taliban
        Singular: Taliban
        Plural: Taliban
        Male Leader: Emir Mullah Mohammed Omar (sometimes also Mullah Omar Mohammed)
        Female Leader: none (possibly use 'second in command': Chairman Mullah Mohammad Rabbani)

Capital: Kabul
        Cities:
        Kandahar
        Herat
        Mazar-i-Sharif
        Kunduz
        Jalalabad
        Baghlan
        Faizabad
        Zaranj
        Takhar
        Bamyan
        Shindand
        Ghazni
        Kheyrabad
        Farah
        Lashkar Gah
        Balkh
        Samangan
        Meymaneh
        Taluqan
        Qala-i-Naw
        Chaghcharan
        Sheberghan
        Mahmud Raqi
        Asadabad
        Mehtarlam
        Gardez
        Charikhar
        Aybak
        Saripul
        Taloqan
        Qalat
        Maidanshar
        Tarin Kowt
        Sharan
        Puli Alam
        Kowt-i-Ashrow
        Pol-i-Khumri
        Baraki

(40 most important Afghan cities: all large cities and regional capitals plus some other historically or otherwise important cities)

Added: only known picture of Omar and a picture of Rabbani (for the leader photo's)

Omar:
        Attached Files
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

and Rabbani:
          Attached Files

Comment

The only reason I would even consider building a Taliban ruled civ is so that I could have the pleasure of utterly crushing them. Maybe we could a new secret unit for them called a "Hijacked Airliner".
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I think that's exactly the idea, Oerdin, I can't imagine anyone would actually want to play with them. Particularly if you play Hotseat games (with 1 human player) like me this can be fun (because you can choose your opponents there: play with Americans and Brits against Taliban and China or something like that )

Comment

Thanks for your information and help so far... If anyone thinks I would form an aliance with the taliban, they are terribly mistaken. The only reason I would want such a nation would be to destroy them, A.S.A.P. And, for those programing-experts, Is there a way to make my additional civs compatible with the Apolyton modpack? (I also have the goodmod, and diplomacy mod)

Comment

I gave the GoodMod files that are exclusivly used with Apolyton the prefixes GM1_APOL_ and GM1_APOLUL_. The APOL_ and APOLUL_ prefixes are from Apolyton Pack the first one from the way it should be and the later one from the gigantic map version. You should find in your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder some files with the suffix gamefile.txt. The GM1_APOLUL_gamefile.txt is for the GoodMod for the Apol' gigantic map version for instance. These *gamefile.txt's contain a list of the gamefiles that CTP2 will load each start.

In every *gamefile.txt you will find an entry of a civilization.txt in Apolyton Pack and in GoodMod for Apolyton Pack it has the APOL_ prefix so the game will load a APOL_civilisation.txt instead of the original version. So you have to make your own civilisation.txt and give it your own prefix and than you can make for ModSwapper your own gamefile.txt with your own prefix.

For files that are located in the language folder there is another file in the language folder, you will notice that every ModSwapper mod has its own version of that file, it contains the files of the language folder that CTP2 will load. And it is tied into the gamefile.txt.

I think that should be enough information. (Maybe too much. )
                  -Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jrat
                    The only reason I would want such a nation would be to destroy them, A.S.A.P.
                    Hehe, I would allow them to grow a bit first, that makes destroying them far more enjoyable and prolongs their suffering...

Comment

Haha. I agree. make a huge pile up of nukes and bombers, start bombarding them, and just sit back and laugh as they plead for "Peace". Anyway... Is there a way to modify a civ's personality?

Comment

Sure, you can edit a personality but then we're getting into AI editing, which is a bit too advanced to explain in a few words. You'd have to read the docs and forum threads here on Apolyton which are related to this and play around with it. The AI and personalitiy files are in the folder ctp2_data\default\aidata

Or do you simply want to change a personality? From peaceminded diplomat to aggressive emperialist? That can easily be done in the civ files mentioned before. It might be an interesting experiment to give the Taliban a barbarian personality. I have no idea if it would work out but it might be worth a shot...

Comment

Working...
                        X