Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do all my cities suddenly SHINK by a third?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do all my cities suddenly SHINK by a third?

I can't figure this out... I'm playing along fine and in year 984AD, all of my cities for no apparently reason shink in size by about one-third. Only my cities do, and all of them across the globe do (not just one continent or anything). There's no message in the Message Box, and no indication of anything wrong. I have a lot of pollution (about 1 dead tile every 3rd turn, but I immediately fix it); the cities are all 75 and higher in happiness.... I'm pretty pissed that 1.2million people have suddenly disappeared. Any ideas? Many of my cities are size 55 and higher, and yet they all shrink to 37 and 38. HELP! Smaller cities shrink proportionally. What's wrong??

are they infected??
    wish i could get my cities to do that- or at least the one i conquer and want to get rid of.

maby theres some sort of pop cap.

Comment

I don't think the cities are infected. I'm pretty dominate in this game, and the other civs don't have the technology to bioinfect me... not yet at least. Anyway, how would a civ with 15 cities bio-infect a civ with 80 or more cities without me knowing it, and all 80 cities at the same turn? I would think as well that I would get some sort of notification message and that the cities would have some sort of icon indicating a problem, similar to the a converted city or a city with slaves. I just had to go and readjust all the cities for mega-growth. After 3 days I'm nearly back to city sizes before "The Big Shrink". It better not happen again! Any other ideas of how to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by zorbop
        are they infected??
        wish i could get my cities to do that- or at least the one i conquer and want to get rid of.

maby theres some sort of pop cap.
        You want to raze just conquered cities?

No problem just download this slic file:

In here are the first lines of my slic file. You can also open it. And read them there.

Code:
        ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
        //New City Capture Option for CTP2 (MG_KillCityOption.slc) v. 1.3 by Martin Gühmann      //
        ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
        //This script file adds now the possiblity for the human player to eleminate a city after//
        //capturing. It gives per pop the player 100 gold and 75 PW. But unfortunatly there is   //
        //also a regard loss concerning other nations. Additional this script adds a gold and PW //
        //to the capturing player and subtract the amount from the player that lost the city. The//
        //Values depends on city numbers PW and Gold values of the attacked player.              //
        //Thanks Ben aka The Immortal Wombat this script file adds now also the possibility for  //
        //the human to destry the city and move its population to his own cities without a       //
        //bloodbath                                                                              //
        //To install this script just unzip the *zip file into your default CTP2 folder and open //
        //the file script.slc in your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder and add to the end of//
        //this file the line #include "MG_KillCityOption.slc". Afterwards go to your             //
        //..\ctp2_data\english\gamedata\ folder (if your using the German version it is of course//
        //the ..\ctp2_data\german\gamedata\ folder) and open there the file string.txt and add   //
        //the line import "MG_KillCityOption.txt". If you want to you use these files with one of//
        //the mods you have to look for files with the according prefix like MM2_ for MedPack2 or//
        //CRA_ for Cradle or APOL_ for Apolyton Pack or APOLU_ for the extra large Apolyton Pack //
        //map version.                                                                           //
        -Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Are you using Immortal Wombat's disaster code?
          Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
          ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

How did I miss that?

*slaps forehead* (I seem to be doing that too much lately )

That would certainly explain the shrinkage by one third, though you were hit pretty hard if all your cities got it, and you should certainly have got a message about it
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

It doesn't seem to a disaster. How would it affect all 80 cities on all 7 or 8 continents/land masses, only my cities, and no message! I would like to upload my sav file so you can see for yourself, but after 3 unsuccessful tries (file too big, wrong file type, etc) I gave up. I'll email it to you if you want it and see what's happening. Anyway, I just don't like when something "mysterious" happens and I don't know why or how to prevent it or get around it. Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Working...
              X