ACK! EB Stopped carrying Ctp2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACK! EB Stopped carrying Ctp2

So, there I am looking through the gazillions of games at EB, $10.00 voucher in purse, ready to buy CtP2 and get going with a few mods.

Well, bugger me, after 20 minutes of scouring the games, i couldn't find it. And at that point the assistant kindly informs me that EB has stopped carrying it altogether!!!

Now, CtP2 isn't that old is it?

Geez, I can see me breaking out the ol' C and writing my own here ...
    Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.

I guess they're selling it off. It reappeared on the shelves of the EB here in Oxford a couple of weeks ago (for the first time since last January, when Activision stopped supporting the game). If you can get one, you can probably get a pretty good deal on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Activision soon demoted it to the status of an 'abandoned game'.

BTW, if you haven't already, check out the Creation/... forum here. SLIC, the language that comes with CTP2, allows you to modify the game FAR more than any other Civ type game I've seen.

Comment

Thanks Peter ... it was SLIC that made me decide to get the game ... what an awesome concept

I'm going to see if anyone over at Civ3 wants to sell their copy of Ctp2
      Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

Comment

you can still get it at chips&bits
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Wow, thanks MarkG ... never heard of C&B before. I'm going to order one of these puppies

Comment

There are still several on line retailers that sell CTP2. Try Amazon...
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
            X