Long delays between music tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long delays between music tracks

I just got around to trying CTP2 (with 1.11 patch) again after getting frustrated with CIV3. So haven't found TOO many issues, but I'm annoyed like heck after each song (so far just one or two but it's early the game) finishes and goes into the next song/repeats. There's a several second delay where everything just freezes, and then resumes just fine. This is going to drive me nuts. Any help?

Hasn't anyone else experienced this? Any workarounds? I enjoy hearing the music but it's so frustrating when the game stops for several seconds between tracks. I've never had a CD game do this before... No one has responded in a month.. makes me almostly "lonely!" LOL Someone help? Any ideas?? Anyone else even HAD this trouble?

Comment

There does seem to be an additional couple of seconds silene at the en of each track and guess the game leaves another two by default. How long is the gap you get? Maybe its just a game thing so you can "let the mood that the previous music evoked" dissipate before the next track?
      I never have the music on, so I don't really know.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

After 5 minutes of waiting this post a reply page isn't probably loaded, oh and official page loading time is please wait

But now back to topic:

If the CPU of your computer has to work very hard than it will first compute the AI stuff and if the CPU is free again the music will start again. That is the case usually when the human turn starts again. Therefore if the music track ends during the AI turns than it will start again the human turn begins again.

Usually I have not the music on, either. I am listening music from my CD-player, and sometimes I put the CTP1 CD into it. You could do it with the CTP2 CD too. Of course afterwards you started the game. You have only to copy the wonder videos into the correct directory. That should be:

..\ctp2_data\default\videos

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
        X