Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help

Hello !

I've just bought CTP 2 yesterday, and without the owner's manual, I have two questions.

It seems that there is no way to decide where your workers will work within the city's radius. How does it work ? Do the IA decide it for you ?

What are the patches I need to fix the different bugs I may encountered ?

Resources:

Patches: The version 2.1 parch available here somewhere under the Official section.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

It is really a proplem to understand this, even if you have the manual. I know it is somewhere described in the manual, but it is very easy to overlook it.

In CTP2 on all the tiles within the city radius are be worked. For example you have a level one city. It has a population of 10000. Actual very stupid that of 10000 people only one person is a worker. But you need 10000 people to collect all the stuff like production, food and commerce that can be collected from that tile. The inner ring has eight tiles, so you need 80000 to get all the stuff from that tiles that can be collected. A level one city gets only one eight of the resources of each tile from the inner ring.

If you have more than eight workers (or more than 80000 citiziens are worker) the second ring of the city radius is filled. The second ring has has 12 tiles so you need a level 20 city will collect all resources from the second ring, but all cities bigger than level seven collect all the recources from the inner ring.

To play CTP2 you should get Activision's patch, available on Apolyton. But you should never play this game without mods. Use Hexagonian's Cradle, that's the most competive one.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

All squares with in the white dotted line are being worked by your cities people. As you build irrigation & mines the cities production goes up so there is no need to micromanage where each worker goes.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
        X