Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBirdMan
    Sad to hear about that Locutus .

Then CTP III does not have decent PBEM facilities either .

BTW - crack the exe-file. We are still some half-fanatic CTP-PBEM fans, who would like to "upgrade" to CTP II.
    So far as I know there is no need to crack the ctp2.exe, human-human diplomacy could be done through slic so far as I know Locutus was working on something like this. BTW Locutus how it is going with that issure?

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

BTW - crack the exe-file. We are still some half-fanatic CTP-PBEM fans, who would like to "upgrade" to CTP II.
      Yeah, you freaks won't give up, will ya? Don't worry, I feel with you...

Is human-human diplomacy really the only problem with CtP2 PBEM? If so, then I have some good news for you: like Martin said, I worked on a SLIC solution for it a while ago but was forced to cease my activities because school and other modwork were too demanding. Right now I'm making sort of a fresh start with modmaking though, and I've put this problem very high on my priority list. Because of the server problems with Apolyton I can't access the thread I devoted to it a few months ago but I'll at the very least try to find my old test code back and have a good look at it tonight...
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

How sad!

I would have loved to see a strong alternative to Civilization III. Btw, Activision was making programs back when I was using Commodore 64, so they must do something right.
        MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

Re: How sad!

Originally posted by MonsterMan
          I would have loved to see a strong alternative to Civilization III. Btw, Activision was making programs back when I was using Commodore 64, so they must do something right.
          We HAVE a strong alternative: Cradle (and MedMod). Granted, it's not ideal (since it's not a commercial product with accompanying media campaign and it can't change the source code) but it'll do...

Comment

I think that making ourselves a new improved CTP2 is going to be very difficult and risky, after all even if there are no more CTP's the rights are still owned :P.
            And for what I've seen posted in civ3 forums there is a movement towards mixin civ3 with ctp2, like stack units, AI, etc...

Comment

Sad to hear about that Locutus .

Then CTP III does not have decent PBEM facilities either .

I beleive the hard coding for PBEM was never removed just deactivated so it should be possible to turn it back on. In fact someone typed out how to do this on another thread. I just can't remember which one.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by scytal
                I think that making ourselves a new improved CTP2 is going to be very difficult and risky, after all even if there are no more CTP's the rights are still owned :P.
                And for what I've seen posted in civ3 forums there is a movement towards mixin civ3 with ctp2, like stack units, AI, etc...
                Actually CTP2 was designed from the begining to be modded and it has already been modded extensively. Civ3 on the other hand was designed to prevent moding and has no built in scripting language thus it will be much more difficult to make Civ3 like CTP2 then the other way around.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by scytal
                  And how exactly do the people in the Civ3 forums plan to do that without scripting and everything? In CtP2 many of Civ3's smaller features have already been implemented and sometimes even improved upon, the bigger features are being worked on (resources, culture), with SLIC it's entirely possible.

Legal rights are less of a problem with CtP2 than with Civ3, after all, the only legal action that was ever taking against a modmaker in the Civ community was against a Civ3 modmaker and not a CtP2 one, remember? Activision even hired modmakers to help them make CtP2 a better game and to make modding easier, sueing us is the last thing they'll do...

Comment

Working...
                  X