any help in changing the language?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any help in changing the language?

I bought the ctp2 in german ..is there any way i can change the language and text to english???

Only by asking some really nice person to zip up the entire english directory and mailing it to you...
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Of coarse that is possible if someone could send you the the content of the ...\ctp2_gamedata\english\gamedata\ directory. Afterwards you got it there are two possibilities how you can install them. On the one hand you could coppy the English versions of the files over the German ones in your ...\ctp2_gamedata\german\gamedata\ directory. The disadvantage is that you will loose the German ones. Therefore I would create a ...\ctp2_gamedata\english\gamedata\ directory and put the english versions of that files into that directory. Than I would copy the graphics\, sounds\ and uidata\ directories with all subderectories from the german\ directory to the english\ directory. At final I would open the civpath.txt in your ...\ctp2_program\ctp\ folder and replace the entry "german" there by "english". That should be all unfortunatly, I have only english files from the mods, not the original ones.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

thanks for the tips
        Is there anyone nice enough to send me the data i need,
        PLEASE!!.
        its hard enough to understand how to play in german ,im an american and i really need change the language to english

Comment

Part one - text files

Sorry about the messy files, I was chopping them around to get two zips of less than 200kb to attach here.

These are english/gamedata files. I would suggest making a backup folder called German inside german/gamedata, put the german files in it then unzip these into the gamedata directory, which then becomes english
          Attached Files
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Part 2 - Great Library. I had to cut out some of the historical stuff to make it fit, but only about 5 entries, and none of the good ones
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Immortal wombat!!!
              you are a true friend ,if theres anything i can help u with lemme know....

Comment

No problem, glad I could help.

Comment

Working...
                X