Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unrecoverable Error On Install!!!

Got UNRECOVERABLE ERROR ON INSTALL!!!

I owned this CTP2 for a long while and had no problem install in on any machine (one at home, one in office ).

Last weekend, I just upgraded my home pc, actually bought a new one to get better performance, but the whole bloody game won't install on my new pc. it stops at 3.6% (6.1% minimum) and gave me 'UNRECOVERABLE ERROR', no matter how I try and even reformat the harddisk and reinstall the operating system.

I check the help on this site and the threads in forum, and followed them carefully, but no help.

My machine is AMD Athlon 1.4, Geforce 2 GTS video card, Windows 2000 professional. All lastest drivers, eg. video driver, directx from CTP2 CD. No scratch on CD, because I can still use it to install on my old PII233 machine.

Can anyone please help!

Big thanks.

RedArmy:
    I used to get the same thing on Win2K. You got SP1 installed for Win2K? In the end, I went back to Win98. It's a LOT more stable for games. Hope this helps mate.

Comment

Try the latest compatability patches, which can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000

Actually Dale, Windows 2000 is the best version of Windows yet. As I seem to remember, Windows 98 isn't very good.

Comment

Cpt2 installs, changes pictures and plays music at the same time. I have 50x cdrom, AMD 1.2 and 256 ram, but it still overloaded the system. The only way I could get the game to install was to disable the sound card during install, then re-enable to play the game ( )
        You can only try...

Comment

Problem solved

I followed Dave's advice --- switch back to Win98, after a hard time to make Win98 working on my PC, finally I installed CTP2 on it, phew...

Actually at first CTP2 won't be installed on Win98 either, then I found the problem was with the CD-ROM drive, my drive is Delta OME-W141, which is very old and uses PIO4 mode, while OS configures it to use UDMA, after I change the CD-ROM to PIO4, then it installed CTP2 for me, finally, at 3:00AM in the morning.

I am thinking of trying install Win2000 again tonight, as it seems the problem is from the CD-ROM drive.

Thank you guys all.

Comment

La la
            Cheese eating surrender monkees - Chris 62

BlackStone supporting our troops

Comment

Working...
            X