Public Works Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Works Question

Question for you all. I just got CTP2 and have been playing only about a week (12 hours maybe). I started mid level difficulty and have moved up a bit. The manual is unclear on a great many things. One of them is the Build Q. If the Build Q is empty, does the un-used production go into the Public Works fund, or does it get lost.

I guess my problem comes when I have a city that I don't want to build any buildings in and I don't need any military units. I can build caravans so I don't waste anything, but I would rather just have the city pump out PW.

I have read through the Forum and everyone has been very helpful. Thanks in advance as I am sure there will be answers!

Papa

You can indeed pump production into PW, however you need to discover an advance to do this. The particular advance needed escapes me at the moment but perhaps someone else knows?

Also, there is another advance that will let you pump production into making money.

Check the chart that came with the game, the advance should be listed there.
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

You can indeed pump production into PW, however you need to discover an advance to do this. The particular advance needed escapes me at the moment but perhaps someone else knows?

Also, there is another advance that will let you pump production into making money.

Check the chart that came with the game, the advance should be listed there.
      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Re: Public Works Question

Originally posted by PapaMonkey
        Question for you all. I just got CTP2 and have been playing only about a week (12 hours maybe). I started mid level difficulty and have moved up a bit. The manual is unclear on a great many things. One of them is the Build Q. If the Build Q is empty, does the un-used production go into the Public Works fund, or does it get lost.

Papa
        It gets lost. Unless you are building infrastructuture the production becames PWs.

Nothing to do hum. just build a big army and smash another civ, there isnt a better way to spent the production you were going to loose!
        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
        Kill all and you are a God!"
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

You cannot divert city production to PW until you have discovered Mass Production. Choose "infrastructure" in the city improvements queue, obviously converting production to PW.

Same deal as capitalization (converts production to gold) that also existed in Civ 2.
          Waiting on a Sunday afternoon, for what I read between the lines, your lies. Feelin' like a hand in rusted shame, so do you laugh or does it cry, reply?

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help. I just have not gotten that far into the game yet.

So far so good. After I finish my second game I will be loading on a Mod. That way I will know how much it is giving me.

Comment

I think this is totally wrong .
              1) at CTP , you had to discover only engineering a relatively early wonder , not MASS PRODUCTION , damn it !

2) the whole concept that you should discover some tech to use the whole production of a certain city to construct public works is wrong , because of a simple fact that you can use the whole production of a WHOLE CIVILISATION to construct public works with no techs needed !
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
              X