Need help with Map/Scenario Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Map/Scenario Editor

I've been having quite a bit of trouble using the Map/Scenario editor. Each time I try to save something as a scenario, the window which where the previous saved scenarios are stored shows the previous saved scenarios (like Alexander the Great, Magnificant Samarai, etc.) shows up for a split second, then clears. I then try clicking "New..." and fill out that info (like directory, name...) and save. But, each time I check the directory which I saved it to, the scenario directory does NOT appear.

I'd really like to know whats going on here, thanks.
    "If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em" - Microsoft Stratagy

Unfortunatly, this doesn't work in CTP:II

For me it works. I found the scenario dirctory in my C:\Activion\CTP2\Scenarios\ directory, where I also find the other scenarios. So you should find there something like ..\Scenarios\your-scenario\scen0000\ and in this directory you should find a savegame.c2g file. At first you create a scenario directory or you could call it a mother scenario and then you have to create child scenarios that varify the topic of the mother scenario.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Ack...

Ack.. Didn't work, it didn't make the directory at all, and I tried doing that like 10 times already. Its too bad Activision doesn't provide support for it. Any suggestions?
      "If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em" - Microsoft Stratagy

Unfortunatly, this doesn't work in CTP:II

Comment

Try making the directory structure beforehand, and just saving the scenario into the right directory from the game. That way the game will only create the sceanrio.s2g and there should be no problems.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

La la
          Cheese eating surrender monkees - Chris 62

BlackStone supporting our troops

Comment

Working...
          X