AI attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI attacks

Ive been attacked by an AI! Some Turks kept pirating my trade routes, so i warned them that i would declare war if they kept doing that. And they did. So i declared war, and what happened? they attacked one of my cities, and it even had soldiers to defend it! It was then i realized that no AI had done that before. (im playing on hard).
    Ok, they do attack single units an even cities with no defense but never cities with defense units. So my question is: Is there any patch or something that can tell the bloody machine to scramble their units and invade my empire and really making me bleed? Sure i can set the difficulty level to impossible but wouldnt that just slow my science and making me wait longer for city and tile improvements?

By the way: wouldnt it be nice if we could build canals? like the Panama canal? ive got this nice city lying by an inland lake, and at the start of a mountain chain that doesnt reach all the way to the sea. i would really like if i could make subs in that city and ship it trough a canal out to the sea, because it makes subs in 2 turns. just one of my seaside citys can do that.

Head over to the Mod section - check out the Cradle, ApolytonPack, and MedMod threads - these 3 mods have been able to ramp up the AI in that department.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Technically, you can build a canal - if there is one land square between the two bodies of water, you can put a city on it. Boats can sail in one side and sail out the other.
      Bluevoss-

Comment

Yea I notice that about the AI also! They seem to automatically know which citys to attack, the ones were they can barely overwhelm your garrison. And completly ignore fortified cities.

Or they sit there and pillage all the farms with 9 tanks and circle the city, even tho it may only have 1 warrior in it!

Like the see the whole map and all inside the cities?

Why the hell is the AI so Cautouis/stupid?

Many have asked, I will ask this once again!

Comment

Ai attacked in the CTP II 'out of the box'. well that should be documented....
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

thanks

The patches are working nice! thank you!

About the canals i talked about: i know you can put a city between to tiles of water and then pass trough, but it should be possible to build longer canals, maybe they should work like in real life that they cost a huge amount of money (pw?) but they also generates a lot of income? It doesnt really bothers me alot but it would be nice and sometimes i miss it when i got a really nice city who cant make battleships just because i cant reach the ocean

Comment

The way I added canals was to go into tileimp.txt, remove and then in place of the block starting TILEIMP_TERRAFORM_WHITE_MOUNTAIN (like anyone uses that...) and replace it with TILEIMP_TERRAFORM_SHALLOW_WATER. Then I changed the icon and various bits and pieces and lo and behold, you can now terraform stuff into water. (The AI will never terraform though, so that is a little annoying).

The file in question if you want to look at it is in my (unfinished) Mars scenario, here.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

The way I added canals was to go into tileimp.txt, remove and then in place of the block starting TILEIMP_TERRAFORM_WHITE_MOUNTAIN (like anyone uses that...) and replace it with TILEIMP_TERRAFORM_SHALLOW_WATER. Then I changed the icon and various bits and pieces and lo and behold, you can now terraform stuff into water. (The AI will never terraform though, so that is a little annoying).
                Could you show me a code for it. So that i can copy. I'm trying to set it up, but the game always crash to the desktop when i go to the Terraforming screen.

Anyway, when i go to the link you gave us it says page not founded.
                "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                Kill all and you are a God!"
                -Jean Rostand

Comment

Originally posted by Pedrunn

Could you show me a code for it. So that i can copy. I'm trying to set it up, but the game always crash to the desktop when i go to the Terraforming screen.

Anyway, when i go to the link you gave us it says page not founded.
                  No, cos my PC is annoying me, but the link is fixed.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

strange AI

I don't own either CTP (although I might get it someday)... but is this thread to say that the AI *really* doesn't like attacking cities? Are cities defended by units less often than in Civ2? If the AI never touches your cities, CTP2 must be the easiest game ever.

Am I wrong?
                    I hate oral!!

Comment

Miznia,
                      In the unmodded, out-of-the-box CtP2 this is indeed true for the most part, modded CtP2 (MedMod, Craddle) is quite a different story altogether. Modded AI is way better than any other AI from any other Civ game (quite possibly even including Civ3).
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Re: strange AI

Originally posted by Miznia
                        I don't own either CTP (although I might get it someday)... but is this thread to say that the AI *really* doesn't like attacking cities? Are cities defended by units less often than in Civ2? If the AI never touches your cities, CTP2 must be the easiest game ever.

Am I wrong?
                        When you read a commentary about a CTP2 game, first you have to see wich mod it is using and then judge it.

If it is a CTP2 unmodded game it will be 99% chance that it is talking bad about it.

So read the ones about the modded games because those are the ones you must play if you have CTP2. And those games have 99% chance that it is talking good things about it.
                        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                        Kill all and you are a God!"
                        -Jean Rostand

Comment

Working...
                        X