installing the modswapper & apolyton downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing the modswapper & apolyton downloads

I have downloaded the Apolyton Pack for CTP2 & the modswapper. When I try to install them, the " open with" window pops open. Is there something I can do ????
    please advise & thanks Tax Man

The Apolyton Pack is zipped, you will need something like winzip to un-compress it. I thought ModSwapper came as a self-extracting *.exe file, it should just open and run.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I downloaded as per your instructions WB.
      When I unzipped them into the ctpII folder the modswap file unzipped to modswap.ex_
      I was expecting modswap.exe So after a few minutes of scratching my head. I changed the name to an exe and tried to run it but got the error that it was a valid win32 program.

HELP
      or just does it not work in 32.

RAH

Simple my ass

Just call me simpleton.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

As I unzipped the file I found also a modswap.ex_ but there was also setup.exe. So Rah run setup.exe and it should work.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

I must have missed that one. (and i usually look for those, but since IW didn't mention that, I must have been lazy)

Thanks, i'll give that a try tonight.

RAH
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sorry rah, ModSwapper was one of the only things I only downloaded once, and didn't keep the original zip file for. I guess I should have checked.
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Here is the relavent portion of the Introduction and Installation readme. Let me know if any of this is not correct.

To install the modpack, simply unzip the portions into the "Call to Power 2" folder. The Pack readmes are found in the Med readmes folder located within the Call to Power 2 folder. In addition to the five portions of the Medieval Pack II, you also need Paul's Modswapper, which is covered below.
              After installing the modpack, you need to install the Modswapper, which can be downloaded from my website in the Accessories section. Simply unzip it into a temporary directory, and run the setup program. After installation, you may delete the temporary folder and its contents. I would suggest keeping the modswapper zip, as well as the Med Pack graphics portions, in a permanent folder so that you can re-install the mod should something happen to the game. Modswapper is listed in your Windows Startup menu.

Comment

Well, I was sucessful last night. (gee run setup, real tough, DOH)
                And to think I direct an application/development support department.

Some nice differences. Minor bug.
                I grabbed some ruins next to an AI city, said there was nothing there. But a militia appeared fortified, that couldn't be moved. Actually pretty funny. It took three sets of barbs to kill it.

The AIs beat me to most of the wonders i usually get. (good)
                The gimmie militia saved the AI as I was shadowing settlers.

BUT I took an AI city and quite a few turns later, a stack of 8 came at the city. I only had 4 units defending, no walls on plains, and I'm thinking I'm screwed, city lost. Rushed a 5th unit to be built right as the units moved adjacent to the city. And the stack of 8 didn't attack, it just moved away.
                No AI attacks as far as I've played and I pissed everyone i met off. (over 3000 years) There were lots of barbs. But even they were a little shy on the attack.

I really like the mod, but I need the AI to at least attack when it catches you with your pants down.

Very Dissapointing especially since I was enjoying the mod.

RAH
                Is there a way to add Frenzy mod into the mix?
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You probably could incorporate frenzy in, but it leaves the AI utterly defenseless. It is unable to balance attack with defense.
                  If you want more aggressiveness, try Hexagonia's Cradle of Civilization mod. Also, the Apolyton Pack also uses the relavant Cradle AI files, so that might be better as well.

Comment

Glad to see you got the mod working. The militia unit from a hut should not be happening, though. There was a problem with that months ago, but it was corrected way back then. I also don't understand why the AI didn't attack more. The militaristic AIs have been quite aggressive in my games, and that has been the experience of a lot of others, too.
                    Don't give up on the mod based upon one game, because of timid AIs. The mod has a lot of replay value, and I think you will get a challenging game most of the time, especially with the latest update.

Comment

Well, the mod pack was interesting and did noticably improve game play. So I'll play the game a little farther and see if they get more aggressive. If they do, I'll check out that payment section of your website

It never ceases to amaze me what can be done to a game. And this game needed it sooooo bad. Well done Wes, (and all the others that try to improve our games)

RAH
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                      X