Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to rename a city?

Hello,

I've just started playing CTP2, and it certainly seems quite slick. But one big problem for me is that I can't seem to change the name of my cities, whatever I try.

In previous Civ games I had great fun customizing my empire. with my leader name, and naming my cities after my favourite places etc. I couldn't imagine playing a Civ game without being able to do that!

Is it possible to name your own cities in CTP2? Have I just overlooked how to do it?

Many thanks for any help.

Just right click on your city and you will open a context menue. It should contain a rename option.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

i name my cities after places i like too, places i hang out. places i'd like to go.

it's fun kids
      Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
      Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
      "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

Aye.........I've named quite a few cities after beers,for some daft reason.Cities named "Fosters","Carlsberg" and "Newcastle Brown" are in my empire........I seem to want to defend them more......Mind you,some of the succession game cities are inventive too.I mean,would you call a town Aaargh?????????
        I need Scooby Snacks.

Comment

I already modified my civilisation.txt and civ_str.txt so I have more citys and there is no need to rename them anymore, here an example:
          Attached Files

Comment

The city is red, it seems to have been conquered by barbarians...
            Unless you altered colors.txt too?
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

The Barbarian red is a little bit darker I forgot to realter the Barbarian color to black again after I moved this file to my new comp. I don't like the default colors.

-Martin

Comment

LOL I though you mentioned that once. The default blue can get annoying after a while
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                X