Too Many Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Many Cities

I'm playing a game on medium with a gigantic map. I have about 55 cities and have a fascist government. Almost half my cities are rioting. How can I fix this?

You can start by changeing to a govt system that allows a larger number of cities (though I am afraid all options are limited here).

Increase the number of entertainers in each city. Building "happy" improvements/wonders is pretty obvious, so I probably shouln't mention it
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

I think the government settings are designed for small maps. You won't have any sucess even you build every happyness and pollution reduction improvement and switched to ecotopia. Default ecotopia allows only 60 cities without any penalties. You could open the govern.txt in your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder. There you will find a line for every government like

TooManyCitiesThreshold 60

you should change the number for fascism to a higher number. That will solve your problems.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

If only I had a dollar for every time this question was asked...

I'd probably have about $26.70 by now.
        My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

Thanks for your responses but they don't quite solve my problem. I'm playing bloodlust and I think it is impossible to win at this point.

Comment

The reason they do not provide a fundamental solution to your current game (you can twick the game files for the next one), is because this is a fundamental fault with the game!!
            "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
            --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

There is at least three ways to kill the Ai without taking the cities.

1) Nuke them to size 1 and then conquer them.
              2) Nuke or bombard them to size 3, conquer them and disband them
              3) Use the Eco-ranger to completely destroy the city :drool:

The only thing you can change while in a game is the SLIC. If you want, you could hack the code from the OCC scenario that "kills" any cities that player 1 conquers, and put it into scenario.slc (temporarily), then type in the chat box (press ') "/reloadslic". This will load the OCC code, and kill all cities you conquer.

Other than that, the best option is to get to Corporate Republic as quick as you can.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

My modification suggestion should also work with an old savegame. I already tried it, but you need also "/reloadslic". Otherwise CityMod2 and Citymod as well wouldn't be compartible with your old savegames. You will only get problems if you add new buildings, wonders, units, gouvernments.... to your game. But changing the values of the governments for your current game is not a problem.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Disband City

Another solution to the problem is to disband city on the rioting cities.

Comment

Working...
                  X