Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CTP lover says...CTP2 is an excellent game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellently said Wombat! Bimz is just one of the many 'one posters' on apolyton. Who only post once and never return because they got bored of the game.

Comment

Well personally I think SMAC is the best TBS game of all time. CTP2 is a pile of worthless crap. Its boring as hell, and its actually more fun to go to work for free(at a restaraunt) then play this tedious game. The game is dull. And if what you say is true and that CTP2 is superior to Civ2, look at how many ppl use the forums of each game. Look at what game actually has scenario makers and mod makers working on it. How many have abandoned the majority? I truly envy you, you can like a game that 95% of the people who play it hate. CTP2 is a pile of worthless crap. Thats why activision is getting rid of the franchise. When CTP2 is superior then Civ2 Activision will be richer then Sid Meier.

Comment

hmm, if I knew that this was started in Novemeber, I wouldn't reply to it in the first place ...

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by jadlakha on 05-16-2001 09:41 PM
          Well personally I think SMAC is the best TBS game of all time. CTP2 is a pile of worthless crap. Its boring as hell, and its actually more fun to go to work for free(at a restaraunt) then play this tedious game. The game is dull. And if what you say is true and that CTP2 is superior to Civ2, look at how many ppl use the forums of each game. Look at what game actually has scenario makers and mod makers working on it. How many have abandoned the majority? I truly envy you, you can like a game that 95% of the people who play it hate. CTP2 is a pile of worthless crap. Thats why activision is getting rid of the franchise. When CTP2 is superior then Civ2 Activision will be richer then Sid Meier.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
          *snore*

Point made, we all agree.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Well I'll be danged. I didn't realize this thread was as old as November!
            Who dug this thread up out of the Grave anyway?
            My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

Although that was a message I posted way back in November 2000, I have re-read what I had written there and still agree to it. I enjoy the game and do like it more then any of the previous CIV titles. As far as I don't post in here very often, well I have so many games and not any time to play all of them. You know how they all say..."Too many games, too little time". I try to read and post on forums alot but it takes away from valuable game time. Do I enjoy the forums here and many other sites? You bet!

Anyway, are any of you here waiting for Empire Earth? Empire Earth and CIV3 are two games coming out that I can't wait for! Of course you really can't fully compare those two because one is RTS and the other is TBS. But I imagine a fair amount of CIV fans will be looking into Empire Earth? Later gents!
              -PrinceBimz-

Comment

In November I couldn't wait for the game. I bought this game as fast as possible. If Activision had finished the game it could be the best civ title ever. But there is another aspect that makes the game hard to play: My slow computer. But this was also true for Civ2 one and a half hour just for one turn in Civ2 on a 486er was to long. That's the problem with the minimum system requirements. If you try to blow up the game to real dimensions you will loose the speed. And if I can't blow up the game to real dimensions, because of city limitations by the *.exe itsself I loose the interest in it.

By the way this ghost threat was one of the most active threats in the the past days.

-Matrin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann on 05-18-2001 04:20 AM
                  But this was also true for Civ2 one and a half hour just for one turn in Civ2 on a 486er was to long.

I know the feeling... I tried the WW2 scenario once(not as allies or germany), and it took me 2 minutes to realise this would take ages to watch, and then took me an hour before it was my turn, and I could quit . Never again...
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

it was great at first but then it sucks you into conquer only mode. The science and gold doesnt really matter cause none of the empires everer use it or attack you unless you attack them. It would seem in 6,000 years some nation would get jealous or greedy and try to stop you from expanding but
                    so far..all you can do is expand and expand. Sometimes it seems like the game worrys too much about building wonders than concentrating on that expanding empire thats reaching its borders. Thats just my impressions, dont know about others but i just dont feel like im being challenged at all.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by TheGreatOne on 05-19-2001 03:15 AM
                      science ... doesnt really matter cause none of the empires everer use it or attack you unless you attack them. ... [A]ll you can do is expand and expand. Sometimes it seems like the game worrys too much about building wonders than concentrating on that expanding empire thats reaching its borders. Thats just my impressions, dont know about others but i just dont feel like im being challenged at all.

Hmm, try the OCC scenario Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?

Comment

is it really that bad? I mean ctp2? i mean sure, the AI sux, but is there a game where the AI doesn't?

aside from the AI, what's the problem with it?
                        Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
                        Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
                        "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

Iskandar Reza,

Multiplayer isn't great either and some people are experiencing some weird bugs (mind you: some peolpe, for most people it works fine).

If you ask me CtP2+MedMod is the best TBS game ever. Because of the poor military AI (economically & diplomatically it's the best AI in any civ game ever made, let's not underestimate it!), multiplayer problems and some other minor issues, the competition isn't extremely far away but still... for now it's the best in the market (and quite frankly I'm not convinced yet that Civ3 will be able to top it).
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I agree with you Locotus. Everyone seems to hate CTP2. I personally think that it is pretty good with the exception of a couple of major issues (like the AI!) With the MM2 the game plays very close to, if not better than, how it should have played when Activision first came out with it. And as for Civ3 being better than CTP2, I certainly hope it will be, but if it turns out that it isn't I will probably return to playing CTP2 or switch loyalties and try to find another TBS game that has what I want in it.
                            DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
                            EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
                            AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

The AI in all other Civ games Including C:CTP1!!!! Is better then CTP2's AI. However I find that SMAC has the best AI out of all of the TBS games. I am going to reiterate that CTP2's main problem is not its AI, or many of the other tons of bugs, but the fact is simple, its just plain boring. There is no reason to keep playing on. Its like going to work but not getting paid for it. I personally LOVED CTP1, and I also HATE the CTP2 Interface.

Comment

I'm inclined to agree. The AI sucks, and if you play stating next to the Greeks, you usually loose your city within a few dozen turns! Other than that, the AI isn't agressive enough. Exept the Greeks. I agreed to withdrw my ships, that were Pirating their lines, and when I was out side Greece (Just past Spain in the Atlantic) they attacked me! No reason what-so-ever! But I'll pass the time until Civ 3 is out. I may evewn dust off Civ 2 or get CTP, but I'm not sure about spending £30 on another Civ game ...

:0

Comment

Working...
                                X