Slic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slic

Is SLIC a program? If so, where do I get it? If not, how do get the modifications to work?

Slic is a kind of programming language (with similar syntax to C I am told) that allows people to make changes to the game that editing the game files cannot achieve. Look at the various *.slc files in the CTP2 scenarios for examples of how SLIC can create events and "rules" to alter how the game runs.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Wow I asked almost that exact same question when I first arrived here.
      er yeah what he said. I dont like programming so I just leave that bit to the pros. How do you get downloaded mods to work is it?
      Well, unzip the file into a temp directory to see how it unzips.i.e.: if you see a folder Call To Power 2 that goes down into smaller folders then you unzip the file again into C:\Program files\Activision .2: If you find the smaller folders when you unzip into the temp directory then unzip the file again into c:\progam files\activision\Call to Power 2 . That should work.

Woh! what a complicated way to say "just unzip into your CTP2 directory"
      Oh memories of CTP2 modding flooding back. Oh horrors of Slic returning. (I HATE PROGRAMMING)

Shane

------------------
      " Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few "
      Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Couldn't have said it any better myself, Immortal Wombat. Marktherugrat, you can find more info on SLIC in the Apolyton CtP2 Modification section (and maybe some of the (limited) info on my website is useful as well). I'm (still ) working on elaborate documentation...
        [This message has been edited by Locutus (edited May 06, 2001).]
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Darkknight on 05-05-2001 10:23 PM
          Oh memories of CTP2 modding flooding back. Oh horrors of Slic returning. (I HATE PROGRAMMING)

Tell me about it
          Oh, but first, d/l my Mars, scenario, then tell me where I've gone wrong

Locutus: I'm (still ) struggling along without it When its done though, it will be incredibly helpful I'm sure, and I sure need it...

PS, Locutus, I bet you did the same thing as me: :rolleyes

[This message has been edited by Immortal Wombat (edited May 07, 2001).]
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
          X