CtP2 - Hopeless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CtP2 - Hopeless?

I'm afraid this has been clear. No PBEM, and most CtP I players say it's just the same game, but with worse AI, no reason to upgrade. Sells are very low, and there are only two forums now.
    No good strategical posts, and as the threads show, there are just a little people playing this game now.
    OK, the modmakers are working, but it seems hopeless, with no players to play.
    It's a pity for me, since Activision have invested time in it (and we invested money).
    Does anyone think there is a chance for CtP II, or will that be a black spot on the Civ series forever?

------------------
    Solver the "Running Beer" - http://www.aok.20m.com
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

I don't think it will be a black spot on the Civ series...but it WILL be a black spot on Activision for some time to come.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Solver on 04-21-2001 12:26 PM
      I'm afraid this has been clear. No PBEM, and most CtP I players say it's just the same game, but with worse AI, no reason to upgrade. Sells are very low, and there are only two forums now.
      No good strategical posts, and as the threads show, there are just a little people playing this game now.
      OK, the modmakers are working, but it seems hopeless, with no players to play.
      It's a pity for me, since Activision have invested time in it (and we invested money).
      Does anyone think there is a chance for CtP II, or will that be a black spot on the Civ series forever?

Solver, there IS a PBEM. It is a sack of bugs and unfinished codes. Diplomacy is broke and it runs at the pace of an arthiritc snail.

Crap-tiv-sion forgot to finish its work

Comment

[b]This is not a double login . This is my friends login. Notice it is dated in january. Please mind your own busines its always nice to see certain individuals have nothing better to do, other than harrass me .

furthermore unless you can read my IP how would you have know such a thing?

[This message has been edited by Saddam (edited April 25, 2001).]

Comment

Hi Steve, nice to see your fifth attempt at a DL got through the net.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Despite the fact that I have good answers I have to everything you pointed out, I'm not debating this here.

Solver: sorry.

quote:

C:CTP2 will always be regarded as the worst Civ title, but in my opinion it is still worth playing. CTP2 has great potential, and I hope scenarios and mods can improve and alter the game to suit many different styles of play.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

You're right pal. When i bought CTP2 two weeks ago i felt they did me out of 50$ (so it costs in Italy).
              The same old song... with some very idiotic change. When i played my first game i built up a lot of "war vessels" ("nave da guerra", i don't know unit names in original english version)... went to bomb enemy shores but... surprise !!!! They cannot bomb shores any more ! So when i tried to use those paleolithic cannons to defend my coast from enemy sea threats... same disappointment.
              I played three games so far (2 medium, 1 high level) and never had a single "sommossa" (rising, riot) in any city, it seems you can quite ignore your people's need. They work, build you weapons and never talk.
              I don't need to set commercial routes too, money keep growing magically during all the game. Playing C:CTP i felt a statesmen always not knowing which fate i'd have to face; playing CTP2 I fell a warlord bound to an invitable victory

It's too easy men, too easy.

Alex

Comment

I think you're right here. Easy, too easy.

------------------
                Solver the "Running Beer" - http://www.aok.20m.com
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I hear ya men. I already gave up on CTP2's AI. But I don't have CTP1, so I don't feel as cheated as some of ya
                  And even though a baby can play this game with his/her eyes closed, it still does have some neat features.

Can't wait for Civ III ...

Comment

Working...
                  X