Science victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science victory

Has anyone succeeded in a science victory? I have built more than the minimum number of obelisks/satellites etc, and it seems from the Gaia interface that I should be able to "launch" something. But I can never launch, and never get a victory. What am I, or CTPII, doing which is wrong?

Paul Williams

As I understand it, you need to get a 60(odd)% coverage of the worlds surface, with the obelisks. Then you can launch, and victory shall be yours.
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Obelisks are the real trick.
      If you can't cover the world's surface >60% with them, then you may need to build a Sea-City or even go to war with a neighbor to gain the territory in which to build an Obelisk.

Also, don't forget that even after Launch, you still have to wait out the 10 turns.

------------------
      My reach exceeds my grasp!
      My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

Hello,

Some days ago I have succeeded in a science victory for the first time...
        (I´m just beginning to play it). Just to see a ~17 seconds movie. *Hours* of gameplay culminating with an epic (miserable) clip of 17 sec!!

Keep the save file to see this "great" clip w/o playing all over again until the very final tech available.
        :::::::::::::
        Craftsman
        :::::::::::::

Comment

Working...
        X