How To Switch Control With AI??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Switch Control With AI??

I want to replay a game I won and switch places with the AI midway thru and see if I can beat my old empire from the AI's position.

In the chat window, I tried typing
    /detach 1
    /attach 2
    But nothing happens.
    Is there a way to switch places with the AI?
    Thanks
    Tobor7

quote:

Originally posted by Tobor7 on 03-11-2001 07:45 PM
    I want to replay a game I won and switch places with the AI midway thru and see if I can beat my old empire from the AI's position.

In the chat window, I tried typing
    /detach 1
    /attach 2
    But nothing happens.
    Is there a way to switch places with the AI?
    Thanks
    Tobor7

One way for sure is this...

#1Load a saved game of yours..

#2Go to Launch Editor..and look where it says EMPIRE..then open that up and go through Civilizations to pick the one you want then close the Launch editor and you shall have that civilization!

#3 When you save the game it will be in same file as your original civ file EXCEPT it will have the new civilization name abbreviation after it..as in say 3745IND for Indonisians in the place of 3745AME for Americans

Troll

------------------
    Hebrews 11:1

Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for and things unseen
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Troll--

Thanks, I tried your suggestion, and yes, it did save the file with a different nation letters attached-- I even quit the game & re-started, loaded the new file, but I still have control of my old nation.

I'm playing with CTP2 with the ctp2Patch1_11 installed.
      Any other suggestions?
      Thanks,
      Tobor7

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Tobor7 on 03-12-2001 07:45 PM
        Troll--

Thanks, I tried your suggestion, and yes, it did save the file with a different nation letters attached-- I even quit the game & re-started, loaded the new file, but I still have control of my old nation.

I'm playing with CTP2 with the ctp2Patch1_11 installed.
        Any other suggestions?
        Thanks,
        Tobor7

Did you try playing a few turns ..THEN save game..i failed to mention that..

I again tried this since reading your reply..and have had no problems..

Good Luck and Yes..I too have the patch

Good Luck to you my friend!

Troll

------------------

Comment

Thanks for the comeback so fast again.
          But I have had no luck with this.

Lemme try to get it again...
          There are 4 possible things on the EMPIRE screen to fuss with.
          On the left side of the screen are: the "Player #" "Country" "Leader Name" and on the right hand side, "Player Choice"

What do you do? Leave the "Player #" at "1" and just change the Country? or do you change anything else?

What I last did was: loaded the game, played a few rounds to make sure none of my troops had movement. Then changed "Country" only, went thru a bunch of more rounds (but still the computer has not given me control of the other country) then I save the game (and it saves it as the other country) then I exit the game, re-load the game and load the saved game.
          I'm thinking that I have to change the Player# or something else.
          Anyway... not having any luck with this.
          Is there something else I'm missing?
          Thanks again for the help.
          Tobor7

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Tobor7 on 03-13-2001 12:02 AM
            Thanks for the comeback so fast again.
            But I have had no luck with this.

Lemme try to get it again...
            There are 4 possible things on the EMPIRE screen to fuss with.
            On the left side of the screen are: the "Player #" "Country" "Leader Name" and on the right hand side, "Player Choice"

What do you do? Leave the "Player #" at "1" and just change the Country? or do you change anything else?

What I last did was: loaded the game, played a few rounds to make sure none of my troops had movement. Then changed "Country" only, went thru a bunch of more rounds (but still the computer has not given me control of the other country) then I save the game (and it saves it as the other country) then I exit the game, re-load the game and load the saved game.
            I'm thinking that I have to change the Player# or something else.
            Anyway... not having any luck with this.
            Is there something else I'm missing?
            Thanks again for the help.
            Tobor7

Yes...I meant to be more specific..change to player #..say 3..which lets say is Romans..and then go through playing a few rounds and then save..it should work then...file will read year followed by roma..then reload that saved file..should now be romans from the saved year!

Good Luck and Happy Civin!

Troll

------------------

Comment

Seems I have a problem with my saved file.
              I went back to a much earlier saved game, when there were 7 nations, and I found that when you toggle thru the Player #'s the country and Leader name changes along with the number change. Just select the Player # and then exit and YOU HAVE THAT NATION!
              With the saved game file I was trying, when you change the Player #, nothing changed in the country or Leader name. I had to specifically select the country. Somewhere along the way, the file must have become corrupted in a small way.
              Too bad, because I have to go so far back to find a saved file that will allow me to change AI control that it is not worth re-playing the game from that point.
              Thanks very much for all your help with this.
              I guess I'll try the AI Frenzy file....
              All the best...
              Tobor7

Comment

Working...
              X