Pirate aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirate aftermath

I had two ocean trade routes cross at a spot, and the AI pulled a fast one and landed right on top of it, gobbling up both. My triremes ran him off, but evnen through he was long gone, the damage had been done. The effects of piracy continued turn after turn.

Finally, I decided to save and then reload, and it cleared up.

Is there a way around this?

------------------
    Bluevoss-
    Bluevoss-

Did you try diplomacy? Ask the AI to stop it?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Well, the point was that the pirate was long gone but the drain on resorces was still there.

As for asking him, well, I was currently bombarding one of his citys, so I dont think that would work.

Smells like a bug.

------------------
      Bluevoss-
      Bluevoss-

Comment

Did you try breaking & re-establishing the route?
        Untidy but it may be a way round this.
        "Don't know exactly where I am"

Comment

If those bastards pirate your trade routes, just group 12 tanks or maybe 12 steath figthers too, and crash them. If you try to work out with Diplomacy with them, good luck then. Usually when i request AI to stop pirating my trade routes, it will then send me a counter Doc and request me for gold from 300 to 7000 or even more. If i treaten AI to go to war, it will reject, or violate the argeement for the next turn. So, the best way to avoid privatcy is to beat the hell out of the AI. I hope you will find some sucess after conquering half of the world.

[This message has been edited by leonli316 (edited March 06, 2001).]
          leonli316

Comment

To down th' pub

Re-establishing trade route works too. But then, you will lost one caravan in the process. Also, not before long, AI will find out and will start private you again!!!

[This message has been edited by leonli316 (edited March 06, 2001).]
            leonli316

Comment

So, its "Save and Restart".

Thanks.

------------------
              Bluevoss-
              Bluevoss-

Comment

Also, if you have too many trade routes to one civ, that civ will start private you . So the best way to trade is to increase regard and to spread out your trade!!!
                [This message has been edited by leonli316 (edited March 07, 2001).]
                leonli316

Comment

Working...
                X