A Bit Silly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bit Silly

I've just seen a bit of a silly situation. I've just declared war on another civilisation and one of their principal cities is in the middle of a swamp(!) with just one road leading to it. Naturally CtP2 combat being what it is, I want to concentrate and attack as fast as possible. So, I group all my cannons on the road and pound away at their city's defenders with the Bombard order, with some success. Now, however the cannons are blocking the only route in, and I don't want the enemy to recover, send in reinforcements or start attacking my own armies. Because of the stacking limits of a tile, in order to get a decent attack after the bombardment, the only thing I can do is disband all the cannons to make way for my cavalry and infantry to follow through ... hmm.

Can't you just move a few of them off the road? i know it's all swamp, so it would take a few turns but wouldn't that be easier than disbanding them?

Comment

Really, given the situation you discribed, it sounds like a single road leading to a fortified town would have been a death trap for you. I can imagine the problems of an army fighting along a single lane of attack. Just keep up the bombardment and flank around in the swamp, I guess. That would be the historic thing. Or push the guns though the swamp and leave the road open for the attack.

Sounds like an interesting situation, actually. Sorta like a mountain pass. But with mud.

------------------
      Bluevoss-
      Bluevoss-

Comment

If your cannons are right next to the city, and are not taking much in the terms of hit points, then there will not be all that much inside the city. Move the cannons out of the way, and take the city.
        "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
        --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Um, Well... am I missing something? Just take "Swamp City" with your cannons and be done with it! So what if you lose a few, you're powerful enough!

"They thought I was daft to build a castle in the swamp, but I built it anyway! ... and it sank into the swamp. So I built it again... and that one sank into the swamp. So I built it again!... but that one burned down, fell over, and sank into the swamp. But the 4th One STAYED UP!"
          -- Swamp Castle King (Monty Python: The Holy Grail).

------------------
          My reach exceeds my grasp!
          My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Comment

Working...
          X