Airports and pollution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airports and pollution

I've built an airport in a city just to see how the pollution will increase.

Of course the pollution is directly proportionnal to the population (for city up to size 16) and the city improvements like plants.

But it seems that the airport doesn't have any effect on the pollution. So this construction could be as interesting as a bank of something like this ... no no no, the airport doesn't change your gold level anymore !!!

Airports have absolutly no effect on your city !!!!

Is this a bug ?

I believe that the silence to your question posted in more than one category in this forum means no one really knows...

hroman21
    "Laughter is the most powerful weapon ever created. Against laughter, nothing stands!"

Comment

Crystal, you are correct about population-based pollution only starting when a city hits size 16. At that point, each additional size generates 15 pollution.

However, production-based pollution only begins when a city reaches 400 production. Every additional production gear generates 1 pollution.

These values are then modified by any government pollution modifiers. The resulting value is used to calculate global damage (ozone, flooding), local damage (single dead tiles), and unhappiness.

It could be that the airport did not generate enough additional pollution to breach either of the thresholds.

Comment

dont airports give you veteran air units and repair them in one turn or did they change that from civ2
        Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

haven't found that in any of the documentation. I do however notice the increases in pollution (I think). Will pay closer attention next time I build one.

------------------
          Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
          Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Comment

Batman, no improvements in Ctp1 or 2 give veteran units.

Comment

Working...
            X