This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Government would YOU support?

I was just wondering what government would anyone here feel they can understand. Don't ask me why. For me i'd say it'd be Technocracy. Probably the most important thing.
    Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

How about a republic government where a president can be elected just because his daddy was president, so he should be too. Can we say dynasty?

Not to mention that his cronies in the Supreme Court who are Republicans brought him in as president. oh well - cheers to our government!
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I can take it your anti-bush yeah.

------------------
      " mind over body "
      Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Anti-Bush that's me!!!! MrFun, your next project should be a 2004 post-Bush world map- Canada and Europe would be mostly dead tiles

As for my gov't, id take virtual democracy. I have a hard time seeing myself as a slaver (it must be part of being sooooo liberal)
        "It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music."

Comment

A Constitutional Republic, that enshrines individual rights.
          "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
          --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

A Theocracy, with me being the pope-president manipulating the people to give me offerings and money because I'm the representative of God on Earth.

------------------

The following sentence is true:
            The last sentence is untrue
            Chickens are not gay!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sean on 01-27-2001 05:41 AM
              A Constitutional Republic, that enshrines individual rights.

Ah, who needs individual rights? Food and play! And battles and glory, and...

Nevermind .
              Chickens are not gay!

Comment

I for one prefer the Technocracy

Comment

Actually, I prefer the alternative to a Bush government....you know, the one where the President is chosen by cackling, big hair women sitting around a table, holding ballots up to the light, and guessing at what the intention of the voter was. Thats what I want.

Heres the meeting that decides the fate of our nation:

Cackling Big Hair #1 "Gladys, look at this one, theres holes all over the place"
                  Cackling Big Hair #2 "Its for Gore....cant you see"
                  Cackling Big Hair #3 "Yea, look real close, push your glasses against your face, see, that hole in the middle of all the other ones. They meant to vote for Gore"
                  Cackling Big Hair #1 "Of course, how could I not see that"
                  Cackling Big Hair #1 "How about this one, is that a dimpled chad by Gores name?"
                  Cackling Big Hair #3 "No, thats a spec of fly crap"
                  Cackling Big Hair #2 "SHH!! You idiot, they might hear. Thats a dimple, they meant to vote for Gore"
                  Cackling Big Hair #3 "Sorry, you're right"
                  Cackling Big Hair #1 "He he....we'll beat those cheaters yet"
                  Cackling Big Hair #1,2, and 3 "Ha Ha..CACKLE..CACKLE"

[This message has been edited by Triumphus Romanus (edited January 27, 2001).]

Comment

Technocracy, I have always been partial to it for some reason.

LOL, Mr Fun, that was good and so true.

Don,
                    CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Why do you understand technocracy? I'm just curious.

It says in the Great Library that technocracy is a coalition between reactionaries, technology-obsessed elitits, fascists and freemarketeers...doesn't sound very pleasant to me. ;D

Personally, I understand best the Ecotopia...after all, with all those rightwing freemarketeers despoiling the world's scare resources, who can blame Ecotopians for wanting to save their planet at any cost?!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Triumphus Romanus on 01-27-2001 01:12 PM
                        Actually, I prefer the alternative to a Bush government....you know, the one where the President is chosen by cackling, big hair women sitting around a table, holding ballots up to the light, and guessing at what the intention of the voter was. Thats what I want.

Heres the meeting that decides the fate of our nation:

Cackling Big Hair #1 "Gladys, look at this one, theres holes all over the place"
                        Cackling Big Hair #2 "Its for Gore....cant you see"
                        Cackling Big Hair #3 "Yea, look real close, push your glasses against your face, see, that hole in the middle of all the other ones. They meant to vote for Gore"
                        Cackling Big Hair #1 "Of course, how could I not see that"
                        Cackling Big Hair #1 "How about this one, is that a dimpled chad by Gores name?"
                        Cackling Big Hair #3 "No, thats a spec of fly crap"
                        Cackling Big Hair #2 "SHH!! You idiot, they might hear. Thats a dimple, they meant to vote for Gore"
                        Cackling Big Hair #3 "Sorry, you're right"
                        Cackling Big Hair #1 "He he....we'll beat those cheaters yet"
                        Cackling Big Hair #1,2, and 3 "Ha Ha..CACKLE..CACKLE"

[This message has been edited by Triumphus Romanus (edited January 27, 2001).]

That's really funny...now how about doing a little ditty on how black people were systematically denied their right to vote, or perhaps you'd like to do one on how those famous non-partisan figures like Jeb Bush and the Republican Supreme Court overturned a Gore majority of half a million...now that would really be funny.

Comment

It seems Civilization games encourage political discussions and overall political knowledge...

------------------
                          The following sentence is true:
                          The last sentence is untrue

- God exists!
                          - How do you know that?
                          - It says so in the Bible.
                          - How do you know the Bible's true?
                          - That's God's word!
                          Chickens are not gay!

Comment

Well, I would, if there had been any evidence anyone was denied the right to vote. But the truth is, they were not. Living in Florida, I followed the hearings into voter disenfranchisement. Of the several witnesses that were brought in to testify of shennanigans or hanky panky on election day, ALL of them voted. My wife is an African American, she found it pretty easy to vote. If there had been any real evidence, the talking heads in the civil rights mob would be on tv 24/7....they arent, because they have nothing to back them up.There were no dogs, firehoses, or locked doors, preventing people from voting. And lets be real, if there were "systematic" denials of access to the polls, it wouldnt be hard to make a case.

And just to be fair, if the Supreme Court had ruled favorably for Gore, Republicans would be shouting from the rooftops that there were dirty tricks and cheating involved. I'm not some wacko right winger, but this past election honestly scared me. Truthfully, the election of OUR leader, was taken out of our hands.

Who would become, arguably, the most powerful man in the world, was to be decided by a select few...be it the Supreme Court(US and Florida)or my big hair cackling ladies :-)

I also support the Electoral College, although, it isnt perfect. I'm not sure there is a way to make an election fair for ALL Americans. With the popular vote, would Al or Dubya really need to campaign anywhere but in Texas, Calif, Fla, and the Northeast?
                            Would they need Hawaii, or Montana? Not really. Those states could probably pass on voting.
                            However, with the Electoral College system, while every states votes help, it did come down to one state, Florida. And that was a big one for Gore, because it had so many Electoral votes. But, then again, since there are states that usually go one way or the other, the candidates can ignore them and spend most of their time in the undecided states, the ones they "think" they can win.

Anyway, my candidates usually never make a dent anyway, i'm a "fringe" guy.

Comment

Oh, and to finally answer DarkKnights question.

I would support any government that involved togas, and big busty women.

Juggocracy

:-)

Comment

Working...
                              X