Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CONSUMER ACTION: A Declaration of Disapproval, Intend to Return or Refusal to Buy

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONSUMER ACTION: A Declaration of Disapproval, Intend to Return or Refusal to Buy

January 30, 2001? Nope. April, 1999.

Just take a look at some of these gems. I simply cannot express how much time and money I saved by having learned my lessons about Activision 2 years ago. If you weren't around here back then or didn't buy CtP 1, you can be excused. But to the rest of you: Do you get it yet?

Back in the CtP 1 days, I actually got the game as a gift and REFUSED to play it as a kind of (admittedly weak) one-man protest. This time I did even better. I DIDN'T BUY THE GAME <u>OR</u> ASK FOR IT AS A GIFT...LOL

CONSUMER ACTION: A Declaration of Disapproval, Intend to Return or Refusal to Buy
    http://apolyton.net/forums/Archives/...-7-000810.html

CONSUMER ACTION: A Declaration of Disapproval, Intend to Return or Refusal to Buy II
    http://apolyton.net/forums/Archives/...-7-000904.html

"Pilot Error": How to make your company look even more lame. Activision Up Close.
    http://apolyton.net/forums/Archives/...-7-001160.html

ACTIVISION: Treat paying customers like beta-testers, and you are doomed to fail.
    http://apolyton.net/forums/Archives/...-7-000796.html
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by yin26 (edited January 31, 2001).]</font>
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

By the way, I actually DID send all those comments to as many places as I could find. Not one response. Not one. So my advice to anybody looking to send complaints this time around:

Your strongest hope is suing them for misrepresentation. As has been said, the box promises things (like MP support) but doesn't deliver. Activision should be FORCED to reimburse your money AND pay some punitive damages, since this kind of sleaziness is clearly a habit for them. Similar efforts have failed with Origin, however.

I, however, am blissfully uninvolved this time around having known precisely what would happen. Oddly enough, some other games from Activision are actually quite good. It just must be this CtP crowd that they hired from various back alleys somewhere causing all the problems.

Then again, that "official" Activision response pretty much sums up the company, doesn't it? Any "CtPhants" looking to chime in this time?
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by yin26 on 01-31-2001 03:07 AM
      I, however, am blissfully uninvolved this time around having known precisely what would happen. Oddly enough, some other games from Activision are actually quite good. It just must be this CtP crowd that they hired from various back alleys somewhere causing all the problems.

"Back alley" eh? Thanks for the constructive comments.

Pyaray

Comment

ah yin, you're the best civ3 forum moderator we ever had(the fact that you are also the only civ3 forum moderator we ever had is not important), but dont you have something better to do?

most of us have moved on: the creation forums are busy, we've got some cool ai/diplo/graphic mods even sprites coming up every day! so please, leave us in our own "misery", we dont need anyone screaming "i told you so"

Comment

Yes, but I told you so! Seriously, it's so funny it a pathetically sad sort of way. And I AM the best Civ3 Forum moderator---EVER!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by yin26 on 01-31-2001 03:07 AM
            It just must be this CtP crowd that they hired from various back alleys somewhere causing all the problems.
            how obvious it is that you dont know what you're talking about....

Comment

CtP Crowd = The People responsible for putting out CtP2 the way it was. Now c'mon, how can you argue with me on that? They messed up...AGAIN! So tragic.

Comment

By the way, if somebody wants to send me a copy of CtP2, I'll gladly download the mods and send some money to Wes if they are any good. But Activision 'aint getting ONE RED CENT!

Comment

It's got a really nice box though
                  Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

Comment

Allways the gracefull one, eh TacticalGrace?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by yin26 on 01-31-2001 05:53 AM
                      CtP Crowd = The People responsible for putting out CtP2 the way it was.
                      you are probably talking about the executive crowd, not the ctp crowd

Comment

Yin, I remember you carrying on over CTP1 way back when. But really, CTP2 IS better in its own way. As far as I'm concerned, the only problem with the design of the game is the AI is stupid. But the mods take care of that. The 'bugs' in the game aren't design faults, but should've been fixed by Activision. But if they wanna drop it, I gotta live with the bugs, and I will. Geeze, it's only a game. But a game I can change to suit me. That's why I'm modding, so I can play MY type of game. BTW, I thought CTP1 was good too. So no need to "told you so" me cuz I disagree with you................................. now.

------------------
                        Author of Diplomod. The mod to fix diplomacy.

Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

So you guys are crying over spilled milk because . . . .?
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Um, I'm laughing actually. I'm glad some people like the game, but in general you have to admit that we could see the failures coming. I'm also fascinated by the gamer's buying mentality. Usually it runs like this:

"Damn, I'm gonna be more careful next time I think of rushing to buy a game."

...2 seconds later...

"What? CtP3 is out?! Can I pre-order?"

All of this just goes to show me that we, the gamers, can never make computer gaming companies (the run-of-the-mill ones, like Activision anyway) take us seriously because we don't take ourselves seriously. We fuel the very irresponsibility and abuse from gaming companies that we all wish would go away.

Simply put, Activision knows a vast majority of gamers have short memories and deep pockets. The CtPs of the world will live on...just more material for comedy, I suppose.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by yin26 on 01-31-2001 11:35 PM
                              Simply put, Activision knows a vast majority of gamers have short memories and deep pockets. The CtPs of the world will live on...just more material for comedy, I suppose.

Baaaaaa...... (Sorry if that perked up the ears of any Kiwis out there ) ...... baaaaaa. ....... everyone else buying CTP....... baaaaa ...... Must Buy ...... baaaaaaa......

------------------
                              Author of Diplomod. The mod to fix diplomacy.

Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

Working...
                              X