• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxsize for cities?

My cities can't grow further than 32?
    Why?
    What can I do?
    I have build everything (but I haven't discovered every thing so I have just hospital,pharmacie,acqueduc... and stuff like that )

help me please

Arcologies for > 32
    Aqua filter for > 46
    John 6:68

Comment

UH? I am not that far in my game but is that the max cities can grow? what happend to my 50 something cities I had in CtP.

I read of 100+ cities in CtP from other players. Is this the max?

Davor

Comment

I'm uncertain how far > 46 goes, but it goes to the mid-fifties for sure. Have never played on to see how far I can push my population. The very thought ... shiver.
        John 6:68

Comment

It seems that 60 is the limit, impossible to go beyond.

Comment

Yep, 60 seems to be the limit. Cities can't grow bigger than that. I had 15 cities with this population and they didn't grow a bit in at least 50 turns.

Comment

I got a city to 160 in CTP1
              60 is the biggest I've gotton in CTP2 though. I run out of time. I suspect it's possible for bigger cities, after all they give you more points for cities with a pop over 5,000,000.

Comment

Just a quick caveat: You don't need arcologies to go larger than 32. If you use slavers, they will send slaves to a city past the 'max size'. I had once city at 35 during the ancient phase of the game.

On the city manager it said I was starving once I Emancipated the slaves but I never lost population.

Comment

So does that mean that you can go past the magical limit of 60 people when using slaves? That would be interesting...
                  Or is there a code implemented in the game to hinder you from achieving this population?

Comment

You would have to not build the emancipation wonder and stop all the AI civs from doing so as well, since there is no slavery in the world after the completion of this wonder...
                    You know the question, just as I did.
                    What is the matrix?

Comment

Here is how your max citysize is figured. In ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ there are the citysize0.txt - citysize5.txt. The 6 files represent the difficulty levels in the game. Under each size in these files you will see "BaseMaxPop 18". This should be the max citysize you can achieve before requiring a building to extend it. Now if you look in buildings.txt you will see 3 buildings that extend this. Aquaduct, arcologies, and aqua filter. Each extend the max size by 14 (RaiseMaxPopulation 14). 18+14+14+14=60. To change this you can either raise the basemaxpop higher (editing all the citysize?.txt files), increase how much the 3 buildings raise the maxpop, or modify the game to include a new building that does the same.

I modified my game to make the basemaxpop lower and then I increased the effect of arcologies and aqua filter.

Comment

Working...
                      X