No announcement yet.

Is CTP2 the "New Coke" or the "Edsel"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is CTP2 the "New Coke" or the "Edsel"?

It's been two weeks since I even ran the CTP2 program files on my PC. I've reverted to the original CTP1 with the MedMod5 pack that had no bugs and provides a good gaming experience.

I went about a week between CTP1 and CTP2 to better understand why I didn't like CTP2 and it comes down to how "shallow" the game is. CTP2 desperately needs a mod with more civilizations, a decent tech tree, advances, etc. It needs what CTP1 has already with the MedMod in order to be playable. And yes, it also needs an AI that is somewhat competetive and more engaging.

I'm not saying the AI for CTP! is good, but with the modpack the added features make it playable. CTP2 will simply occupy hard drive space until a decent mod is around, and then maybe I'll bother with installing it. Right now, it's CTP1 for me and I am relieved I wasn't impulsive and removed CTP1 when CTP2 came around!

So for you, is CTP2 like Edsel.. a bad product/design or is it the New Coke... you thought it tasted too sweet and decided the original was just better at quenching your thirst?

------------------
    'Blood will run'
    'Blood will run'
Working...
X