• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War 2 Scenario

(yet another Apolyton exclusive)

the WW2 Scenario for CTP2, made by the Call to Power 2 Team
    http://apolyton.net/ctp2/downloads/s...os/ctp2ww2.exe

note: like all things relate to the editors, it's "products" and generally game file modification, the Activision customer support wont be able to help you in ace of any problems
    You can ask for help in our CTP2-Help forum.
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited December 22, 2000).]</font>

Well I see they are not able to get around some of the same problems we have faced. Namely, the Player 1 only problem. Looks like we will have to do the same thing and put out Scenario Packs with 8 scenarios in them, one for each Civ.

What really gets me is why they can get away with doing things we can't. It seems like they should give us the same tools or be forced to play by our rules.

Putting out scenarios with functionality that nobody else can reproduce seems an awful lot like cheating or mis-representation of the facts.

Oh well, I guess that is just how it goes.
    Don,
    CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

I dont want to say Apolyton is slow but IT IS!! I get about 3 kb/sec with ISDN (max 8 kb/sec you dont believe the difference it makes between 8 and 3!!!).

Ata

Comment

GET A FTP SERVER!!

Comment

Yep, it is slow. I just DL'd it again to test and I am only getting 1Mbps. Of course, a 12M file is simply not big enough to get up to my 9Mbps. Oh well, guess I just have to suffer.

Don,

Comment

an ftp server would not make a difference

i downloaded it myself from apolyton last night and was going at 3.3(the max for my 33.6k modem)...

Comment

I get 100 kb/s (800 kbts) adn that´s not slow for being out on the internet. And a ftp server won´t help a thing....

Comment

Like the new units/ barbed wire, etc, but there are too few cities. Never mind.

------------------
                "We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills, we shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill

"Gotta love me"- Baby, Dinosaurs

Comment

In case you guys missed the smileys at the end of my post, I was just jesting (kidding). I actually even got close to 3Mbps just before the D/L ended. Thats about 9 seconds to D/L a 12M file and that is far from being slow.

Now lets please turn this thread back over to the WW2 scenario. I am interested in hearing what everyone has to say about it.

Don,

Comment

My opintion is that its too easy...at least for the Germans. I had the Dutch and Belgiums totally defeated within two weeks, no big deal by THE WW2 German Blitz standards. Then within a month I had French down to one objective city and the Enlish safly held on their island. I went ahead and finished the English before I took the French just to see if it could be done. Had the scenario beat by June 10th on impossible setting. Havn't tried playing the French yet, has anyone tried them? Is it more difficult or just as easy? And not to talk bad about the French, but why in any world war scenario with them are they so easy to defeat?

PS. Can anyone help me with my CPt problem?Its in the CPT forums-help/general/?

[This message has been edited by 420 (edited December 23, 2000).]

Comment

Yeah it's a bit easy. I tried it on hard ( I think) and I wasn't even playing seriously but just advancing my armies any which way. I just rolled over everything and captured Netherlands,Belgium and Paris without much resistance.It got boring so I stopped. Will try on the highest level but I doubt it will be better.

Also I am disappointed that the scenario is more or less restricted to the Battle of France. IMO it's a lot more interesting if you have the whole European theatre like the Civ2 scenario so you at least have some diplomatic possibilities.

All in all pretty disappointing.

Comment

Yeah, it may seem slow, but isn't the internet always bogged down a few days before Christmas?
                        "It is ridiculous claiming that video games influence children. For instance, if Pac-Man affected kids born in the 80's we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms and eat pills while listening to monotonous electronic music."

Comment

Something else I forgot to add, I thought I had heard that the WW2 scenario was going to encompass the whole world, not just the European theater. Frankly I am dissapointed by this whole game. Im going to stick with CPT if I can get the patch again.

Comment

Umm, I thought France was supposed to FALL in WWII. When I played France's side (on hard of course) not only did I not lose ONE city, but I ended up conquering Germany, Netherlands, and Belgium! The scenerio wasn't even to July yet but it ended it anyway because I think once you take care of Germany it ends it automatically. Did anyone else find France's side real easy to win?

Comment

I guess activision tried to win our love back by making an easy scenario. Well they lost all the love here!

Comment

Working...
                              X