Two steps backward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two steps backward

After installing the first patch and well into my first game after the patch I cannot believe they did not fix the bug that computers do not ever sign a treaty[any treaty] or even a cease fire with another computer player. I'm assuming that since they didn't fix it that it was designed to be that way! Even with all these treaties I would say that the diplomacy is two steps backward from smac, and one step behind civ ii's much more simple, yet more effective diplomacy .

Yeah, I agree 100%

It's incredible, I can't believe some of the things they have left out of the game and some other things which I now think is done on purpose.

The treaties one, the fact that you always get the same civ, you're never told what city built what, and the auto-selecting and auto-centering doesn't always work.

I mean, some of these things are vital. Others just make it pointless to play. Why did they do that? For what God-Given reason would make someone thick enough in the head to do this? It's like making a car game, and removing all the tyres from each car.

arghh...it annoys me to the bone, I could make a better game with my finger up me bum.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ContradictioN on 12-17-2000 07:42 AM
      you're never told what city built what
      you know, there is that thing called "message tab" in that other thing called "control panel"....

Comment

I can't be fluggered to click a button just to see something important, its annoying as hell, besides the msgs don't even fit in the window. It's pathetic.

A popup window with a goto city button was perfect

Infact I have even better ideas on how to do it.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ContradictioN on 12-17-2000 07:42 AM
          arghh...it annoys me to the bone, I could make a better game with my finger up me bum.

I'd like to see that happen.

Comment

I think Activision has it's head up thee bum when it comes to making civ games.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Jen Dragon on 12-18-2000 12:01 PM
              hope civ III fares better.

Cheer up, Civ2MP and ToT just got a new shot in the arm with the simultaneous movement feature. That should manage to keep Civ2 fans occupied until Civ III comes around. It's truly amazing just how good Civ2MP is. It's the Boeing 747 of strategy games!

Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

hope civ III fares better. trouble is, following a game that was rated in the top 95% of games of all time. Borders and more diplomacy options that actually work. I do like the trade routs on the map. they should follow roads. I think i like engineers over public works, more hassel but better strategy options, prime targets. I like stacks for combat in CTPII over killing the best unit in the stack kills the whole stack. The CTP series handled oceans much better, Space stations should still be a factor especially in the upcomming century, can anyone guess what will be up there looking at 1900 vs 2000. AI is tough though i doubt civIII will be much better vs a human.

Comment

Working...
                X