Farmers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmers?

Has anyone else tried using farmers early in the game and building loads of farms around their cities? It gave me a good population explosion early in the game!

I was playing on very hard, and it did have a downside to my science at first. The production wasn't a problem, because I set my PW quite high and built mines. the science thing sorted itself out after I started building Academies! But I still managed to get the computer civs discovering Cavalry tactics in about 1200! I just can't compete with this. But my nearest neighbours only had two more discoveries than me and I was by this point in about 1200 and discovering advances every 5-10 turns.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by antmanbrooks on 12-12-2000 12:12 PM
      Has anyone else tried using farmers early in the game and building loads of farms around their cities? It gave me a good population explosion early in the game!

How bad does it effect production and science? I concentrate on defensive units and setters early on. I try to get allot of small cities on the map as soon as I can, and defend them reasonably. Once I am satisfied with my initial borders then I concentrate on growth and science. This approach has been successful with me on the harder levels.
      Paul Henry

Comment

Working...
      X