Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first PATCH CONFIRMED!

from our news desk:

CTP2's Senior Producer Parker Davis, confirmed to us today that the team is working on a patch and is expected to be ready <font color=123381>"within the next couple of weeks"</font>. A specific release date has not been set, nor is there a set list of bug fixes or changes.

The patch is the top priority for the team right now, which means that the WW2 scenario and the Editor/SLIC documentation will be released after the patch.

Now that is the best news I have read about CTP2 since its release.

I hope the Activisioners have a look at the multiplayer forum comments in addition to the patch wishlist.

Hey Markos, that explains the delay in your review, you were waiting for the patch first, right?

BTW I found your Usenet postings interesting to read )

Jim

Comment

Will it fix this cursed corrupt save game? If not, I'm taking this POS back and never picking up another AVision title.

Comment

The corrupt saved game bug is fixed. It won't fix saves that are already broken - there's no way to reconcile the bad data that got saved with the rest of the file, but it won't create any more bad saves.

The primary focus of the patch is indeed network games. No new functionality for multiplayer has been added, but stability is greatly improved.
        Joe Rumsey - CTP Programmer

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mr Ogre on 12-06-2000 06:09 PM
          The primary focus of the patch is indeed network games. No new functionality for multiplayer has been added, but stability is greatly improved.

Real good idea that is!!!

There is a lot of inconsistency in LAN games. Friends do see my units at different positions than I do...

Also would it be possible to do a Team Modus? So that you can play 2 vs 2 games for example?

ATa

Comment

I presume "next couple of weeks" does mean before Christmas, else its next month. ?

------------------
            Pax Vobis.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I JUST WANT MY WW2 senario id rather have that then the patch.

Comment

Don't discourage them from a patch. If the game won't save things right without it what use is having your scenario?
                The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

I hope thye fix the 'faults' all teh current users/owners have with the patch. I also hope it is not the last patch. I've read a lot of interesting things about the game and almost (I state ALMOST) broke down and bought the game. But, I do not need another single player against his/her computer game (maybe 2-3 years form now when it is priced like CTP-1 at $19 rather than its currnet $39-49 range). I am therefor, still hoping for a 'Hot Seat' patch (which will probalby meet the wishes of the PBEM folks too). Without the patch, I will never experience the 'good, bad or uglies' of the game. I only play those Civ games with Hot Seat, that way my entire family can play together on the same computer. We currently have games going in CTP-1 and CIV2-TOT.

Please do not neglect a 'Hot Seat' patch.

thanks

Comment

Please add a Legion for the love of god!!!

Comment

For the second patch, we NEED TO allow the AI to transport a sufficient attacking army overseas with all transport ships of all ages.

We also NEED TO increase the sosphisication of the AI's ability to utilize all features of diplomacy. Get those computer opponents to ally and gang up on the human player!
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by JimMac on 12-06-2000 04:29 PM
                        BTW I found your Usenet postings interesting to read )
                        can you be more specific?

Comment

I second MR Funs request.

These are the only thing i need patched.

More diplomacy between the AI players and More hostile to the human player (More attacks) They fight between them so just make them prefer to fight the Human.

Yes make the AI use transports over water both troopsships and carriers, missiles for bombers etc.

The Air unit fuel problem that have been discussed must be fixed.

/Mathias

[This message has been edited by Matte979 (edited December 07, 2000).]

Comment

A legion unit!!

A cavalry unit as ancient flanking unit... not the knight!

Unit capability to bombard from a distance!

Scenarios!

------------------
                            'Blood will run'
                            'Blood will run'

Comment

I would like to say here that I've not been experiencing this save game bug at all and I've had the game at least 3 weeks now. Played every day, too. I have saved in the middle of my turns, end, beginning. I always use the keyboard shortcut, too (shift-s) and the shortcut to load if I got hung. I just don't see this bug and it bothers me a great deal!

You'd think I would be glad but I'm actually paranoid...

Patch: I agree with MrFun that the AI needs a bump in how it handles it's armies across water. As it stands, once I get a decent navy going I am unbeatable. Very frustrating cuz I know I can box the AI in all to easily. Diplomacy needs a fine-tune too. I offered the AI 50,000 gold last night for a cease-fire and they balked at it. A few turns later, they were wiped out by another AI player. Ridiculous. No sense of self-preservation. Hell, I would've sold my last living in-law for 50,000 if it meant saving my remaining city from extinction. How many units would that have purchased? This was on 'normal' diff. by the way...

Comment

Working...
                              X