Game has been Shelved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game has been Shelved

Well...I tried. CTP and CTP2 have to be the 2 worst games I've ever played for creating confusion in my feeble brain.

I don't feel like arguing with anyone, but here are my complaints.

-Helicopters that can carry tanks even though there only supposed to carry infantry.
    -Can't built fusion power plants. I can build everything but these.
    -Took me a long time to figure out how to win the science victory. Turns out you need an obelisk near every city. How was I supposed to know that?
    -When i did win the science victory my game crashed and I didn't get to see the movie.
    -Farms and mines don't really seem to do anything. My highest production cities were surrounded by farms.
    -A.I. players just sit there. They don't attack. They build aircraft carriers without aircraft.
    -Max City size of 60. I don't really care about the logic behind this but it sure sucked the fun out of the giant-city part of the game. All my cities were the same size (30-32) for about 1000 years.
    -Game is chock full of graphical glitches.
    -When i switch my cities to infrastructure it doesn't take effect rill the next turn.

I'd go on but this game made me sad. If CTP bugged you because it was confusing, slow, and really not much fun then don't buy this game. I really regret buying it.

Well, that's one opinion, of course. I felt much as you did about C:CtP, I gave it my best shot, I really wanted to like it, I even reloaded the game twice after my first try to give it another chance, but I HATED C:CtP!

On the other hand, CtP2 is a VERY different game from the original, IMO, and I LOVE it! This is the first game I've bought in quite some time that I can say is actually WORTH the $50 I paid for it.

BTW, some of the things you mention aren't problems with the game at all, just misunderstandings. Any time you feel like giving CtP2 another chance just ask about them, there are plenty of helpful people around to get you going.

Good luck!

John-SJ

Comment

Stockwell, I don't blame you; the game is really not a finished product, but it can be fun nevertheless. And yes, I agree with you that the game can be confusing, and for this I blame Activision for not including a manual with the game. [And please, nobody tell me that there was a manual included with the game!]

Comment

I'm not going to be playing CTP II until patches come out that resolve the stupid bugs!

In the meantime, I'm only going to be designing maps and making modifications. But I paid a software program to PLAY the game as well.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Anunikoba on 12-02-2000 06:54 PM
          Stockwell, I don't blame you; the game is really not a finished product, but it can be fun nevertheless. And yes, I agree with you that the game can be confusing, and for this I blame Activision for not including a manual with the game. [And please, nobody tell me that there was a manual included with the game!]

Hey Putz...
          There is a M-A-N-U-A-L..included in gamebox..VERY INFORMATIVE, Exhaustive, all-encompassing, cross-referenced with easy to access tabs and leather bound..emblossed with your name and very own Civilization leader of your choice Templated on Cover..Yup..Thats what i recieved..along with a TOP-Shelf game..

Troll

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Stockwell, I have no sympathy for you. After being burnt once, you should have been twice as careful, and at the very least waited until some trusted reviews became available. A fool and his money is soon parted. The question is: will you learn this time around?

However, I find your opinion interesting John-SJ, your's is about the only opinion I trust on these boards.

Bkeela.
            Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Yes, as the proverb (or is it a cliche?) says:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me

Comment

After looking at what you really can change in the files I have revaluated my position of not playing the game. I will try to use modfications. Because damn eveything can be changed (read fixed).

For example the tank thing. The put the size of tank to small and cargo helicopters can carry small land units. I just changed it to medium and voila can't transport them anymore.

Comment

hmmm I'll probably still buy it in 3 days when it comes out as there is apatch coming out in a couple of weeks.
                  Looks like most of these problems can be fixed by fiddling with the files a little.

------------------
                  " mind over body "
                  Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Working...
                  X