loading units to cargo helicopter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loading units to cargo helicopter

ok, i am eviently doing somehting wrong, but not sure what. for some reason i cant get my artillary onto my cargo helicopter. i tried in/outside of cities, with/without units asleep, un/grouped, and i even tried it with the "load cargo" button. but all i keep getting is an empty helicopter or a piano key chime for it being an invalid action. what gives?

I think I remember reading somewhere that the cargo helicopter can only carry infantry troops. Sorry, you can't airdrop those tanks just yet...

Comment

It is depending on the size. Artillery is medium. Cargo Helicopter can only carry small. For some strange reson a tank is small, probly a bugg..

/Mathias

Comment

you can only load infantry - no artillery, no tanks, no horse riders

Comment

Whether Tanks should load is arguable. Somehow I think that was a mistake in the Units.txt file. But it says Tanks are a 'Small' land unit, and thus can ride in the choppers. I do it all the time.

Comment

Yeah, I thought tanks wouldn't load either from what I had read here. Surprise, surprise, I've got a cargo heli with 4 tanks on board as we speak... They inadvertently got picked up because they were asleep in the city that built the heli! I know settlers work too!

Comment

If you think about it one of those big weirdy shaped mother****ers of helicopters was specially modified to carry 3 M1Abrams during the Desert Storm.

where'd I hear that

------------------
              " mind over body "
              Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

Working...
              X