This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Governments and number of cities

ok, i am eviently doing somehting wrong, but not sure what. for some reason i cant get my artillary onto my cargo helicopter. i tried in/outside of cities, with/without units asleep, un/grouped, and i even tried it with the "load cargo" button. but all i keep getting is an empty helicopter or a piano key chime for it being an invalid action. what gives?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I think I remember reading somewhere that the cargo helicopter can only carry infantry troops. Sorry, you can't airdrop those tanks just yet...

Comment

I was wondering if the production from empty queues:

1) Accumulates

2) Goes to military support (a la franchises, from what I have read somewhere)

3) Is wasted.

(1) should be easy to test, but I'm at work (your tax $$ at play). I did see, I think, accumulated production from a queue in a just-captured city, so seemingly empty queues might accumulate.

(2) Would kinda make sense, and so is probably wrong.

(3) If this is the case, we ought to get a pop-up message every turn, or even at the end of the turn.
                          John 6:68

Comment

Ok, this is what the manual says (p26)

quote:

As a city grows in population, its area of influence will eventually spread out even further, as much as two more tiles in every direction for extremely large cities.

so this is meant to mean that the city influence will extend three tiles from the city yes?

but, also from the manual (p27)

quote:

Also keep in mind that a city's area of influence can expand considerably over the span of time. Although they may start of small and remain so for hundreds of years, eventually cities may grow to control every terrain tile within a five-tile radius of the city centre!

this seems to suggest that it will extend five tiles from the city?!?

As I am too impatient to wait until I have played a couple of games through to find out which is the truth can some one else please help me so I can plan where to put my cities - how large an area of influence do they get

Just the first in a long line of queries I am sure to have.

Comment

your city's tile influence grows with it's pop size. it's eventual size depends on your borders (marked in blue...) if you have no other cities close enough to infringe on your borders, it should very large. your first increase should come at pop 8 or thereabouts.

Comment

Working...
                              X